DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 20 Aug 2019, 23:05

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2019, 15:24 

I have been visiting this site on and off for a number of years.
I have noticed that there are no new projects posted on the main page for several years now.
The most recent was in 2016, I believe.
Wasn't there a guy named "Gio" that was adding new things?
Is he still around?
I see in the forum that new posts are going in.
Thanks!
Scott

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2019, 20:58 
Project Author

Hi, Gio is the site manager/owner. New projects tend to end up in the forums. I am as guilty as the others in that. You could always start a new trend and do one yourself. I am sure it would be welcomed.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2019, 09:15 

gofar99 wrote:
New projects tend to end up in the forums. You could always start a new trend and do one yourself. I am sure it would be welcomed.

Ahh, good to know.
I used to take a quick glance at the landing page to see what new stuff people were working on, kind of like a quick summary.

I do have some headphone amp ideas/projects I want to develop. I need to learn KiCAD first...
I have been out of the loop for so long, I feel that I need to re-learn a lot of stuff.
All in due time, I guess...

Scott

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2019, 21:49 
Project Author

Hi, I'm working on one now so stay tuned.. My tentative title is JBAA....Junk Box Audio Amplifier. Various tubes used .....it ought to inspire some diyers. Likely to be a month or so to finish it.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2019, 10:42 
Editor

Hi Scott, I am still around. Since moving into a home I've added gardening and wood working as other hobbies so my free time for audio has been limited. The website is overdue for an overhaul and the forum software is outdated too now. They are on the to do list. If there are new projects others would like to submit, I will make the time to get them posted. Otherwise, the the forums are also good places for new projects.

Cheers

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 20:38 
Project Author

Gio;

I could send you the writeup and images for the Marblewood amplifier if you have the time to get it formatted as a "Project Page". Let me know if you like to post it as a new project.

Cascade Tubes Blog

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 20:59 
Project Author

Hi, I have two versions built and nearly done with a project write up. Since I will have to travel next week it ought to be ready in about another week after that. BTW the amps sound great. IMO the best one uses 6Y6G tubes. An overlooked gem. Low voltage (200 anode max) higher current pentode. Nice thing is it is pin compatible with all the other usual pentodes and is still only $6 each from most sources NOS (mine are RCAs).

With Mark posting a project at the same time it will be nice treat for new folks. After all this is a project site and it can be difficult for new commers to know where to start if all the projects are either old or only appear in the forums.

Good listening
Bruce