DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 24 Oct 2019, 01:04

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2019, 15:07 

Came to think of it, got a 12B4A-Darling I was struggling with ...

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2019, 17:11 

Very nice, I like

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2019, 02:58 

The box on the last pic is a military dosimeter box and amplifier is the basic Darling but with 12B4A. Never got this one to sing and never had the energy to find the fault. Maybe just take it apart and start from the beginning.

Made som basic calculations: a standard 6AQ5-amp (SE) will draw at most 100mA at 290V. Pure and simple arithmetics tells me that at 12V, the power source must be good for at least 2.4A. My 18Ah battery will (theoretically) last 7,5 hours.

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2019, 04:12 

Nice images from Vänersborg in wintertime. Looks like a pretty place.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2019, 05:32 

Just looking at this,

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 6t%3D95548

Very interesting thank's Magnus

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2019, 06:43 

This guy made great efforts to have everything documented. Most of us use a DVM to check voltages and then lend an ear to see that the circuits are working "normally".

Woodo: I started using my LOMO Kompakt Avtomat, bought in USSR 1989 and then bought a Soviet Leica, the FED-2 last Autumn and then it just went on ... Shooting with real cameras and real (reel) film is much more fun and challenging than using a digital camera.

I still wonder what design to use. I got my three amps stored away, but I also have an STC (Super Triode Connection) using an ECL82/6BM8 and an odd 6EJ7 as CCS. A nice and different design.

Attachment:
zu1.gif

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2019, 14:01 
Project Author

Hi, An ancient thread...but interesting. Yes you can use nuvistors as a phone amp. They are relatively low voltage but can handle (some of them anyway) up to about 25 ma. I can envision a pentode one as a voltage amp feeding a triode output SE. Or even with a splitter feeding a push-pull pair. A few hundred milliwatts ought to be possible. Also the SE amp I cooked up with 6GV8s is actually pretty nice and good for a clean 1 watt. I attached a copy of an early version of the schematic. A later version is the basis for the Oddwatt Alpha.

Good listening
Bruce
Attachment:
Simple Stereo Amp 2011.jpg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2019, 14:22 

I've got a bunch of 6GV8, or 6F5P as Russians call them. Have to find a) the half-built amps I have ben referring tomy collection of tubes tomorrow. According to the weather forecast it's gonna rain.

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019, 21:15 

My first SLR was a then East German made Practika. I fondly remember having to use the sunny f16 rule to confirm what the exposure meter was telling me which was fun. Sometimes got a good exposure. Not the camera's fault but the operator's. Still have some b & w photo from that camera developed at an adult education course. How new technology changes things.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2019, 02:41 

I'm more into push pull since the sound luster which is SE and modded to limits are not yeilding satisfatory sound quality.

Which was my relaxing and for fun project.
After university exams last year so tired and and not in the mood to do 3-14 days of R&D before I get any working model and get to listen to it.
Relaxing and for fun means things are done in half to a day and you get to listen to the mods on the same day........ Sometimes two, three days but fast results to relif pressure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next