DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 24 Jun 2018, 11:52

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2018, 07:13 

Hi!

I have a question. From where do you usually buy your chassis for your diy amplifier? I did a quick serach on the eeb, and i find that first you can buy from ebay (china), you can buy from vt4c.com (from china to), and there is three more online shop Diyaudiostore, Audiophonics, or Mondushop. I think, if you order a chassi from china (ebay, vt4c) the problem is the postage. It is near the same amount of money, like the chassi. At Diyaudiostore or Audiophonics the chassis have a pretty high price themeselves. At Modushop the price is good enough, but the chassis are to closed, and most of them are rack compatible.

Does anyone have any idea, from where else can i order nice looking chassis, for a budget price?

Regards,
Tamás

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2018, 11:06 

Hi, welcome!

For my commercial designs, one can't beat the price and aesthetics of the Chinese ones.

For personal stuff, I build them myself from hardwoods with a 3mm aluminum top plate.

Cheers!

Work: Classic Valve Design

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 13:47 
Project Author

Hi, I agree on the merits and shortcomings of Asian offerings. I get some from here

https://www.ebay.com/usr/hma60?ul_noapp=true

The builder is located in Texas and makes them to order. Really heavy gauge aluminum with wood side panels. Vent slots in the bottom and really nicely made. Prices are reasonable and shipping OK. He will drill and mod for you as well for slight extra cost. I used them for the EL84 mini blocks and have more coming for the EL34 blocks.

Good listening
Bruce
Attachment:
20171029_114859.jpg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 19:23 

I have used several chassis from: https://www.landfallsystems.com also located in Texas 8-) .
Excellent quality, thick 1/8" aluminium, they will make any size you want, cut & drill as required. Great guys to deal with as well and prices are very reasonable.

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2018, 06:56 

Hi guys!

Thank you for your help!

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 07:35 
Project Author

gofar99 wrote:
Hi, I agree on the merits and shortcomings of Asian offerings. I get some from here

https://www.ebay.com/usr/hma60?ul_noapp=true

The builder is located in Texas and makes them to order. Really heavy gauge aluminum with wood side panels. Vent slots in the bottom and really nicely made. Prices are reasonable and shipping OK. He will drill and mod for you as well for slight extra cost. I used them for the EL84 mini blocks and have more coming for the EL34 blocks.

Good listening
Bruce
Attachment:
20171029_114859.jpg

Bruce, nice finish on the top plate. Do you do it or he?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 09:12 
Project Author

Hi, The company did it. Mark, I use the same source as well. They have a Texas supply store.

Good listening
Bruce