DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 20 Nov 2019, 10:51

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: 25 May 2009, 18:35 
Editor

For clarity, this group buy is for Edcor push-pull output and power transformers and you will need two of each for a stereo UniAmp.

There is a separate group buy currently on going for the Altronics M0706 - 10k:10k Shielded Transformer - UniAmp.

You will need to find your own chokes for the power supply.

Greg, I would like to get a pair of SE opt from Edcor at the same time, I don't imagine that will be a problem.

PostPosted: 26 May 2009, 04:00 

Not a problem at all.

I still need everyone to PM to me their info for Edcor. It is specified in a previous post in this thread.

Thanks, Greg

PostPosted: 28 May 2009, 17:30 

Just to inform everyone that this is a done deal as of tomorrow, pending confirmation from one participant. I will then be forwarding info to Edcor ASAP.

After that, we soon will all be receiving a Paypal request for the goods we are ordering. Keep in mind they will not begin production until payment is made. And as mentioned, there was a 5 week lead time when I began enquiries May 2. That could be a bit different by now. But that will give time for things like chassis selection and prep work, and other time consuming things.

Any questions, please post here so all can benefit.

Thanks, Greg

PostPosted: 28 May 2009, 18:56 

Info is in Edcor's hands.

We ended up with four participants and will be purchasing 18 pieces. I asked for a specific price on each of three different models being purchased, and will let everyone know that as soon as I hear something.

Later, Greg

PostPosted: 30 May 2009, 07:47 

FYI to GBers.

I'm most disappointed, as I have not heard one word from Edcor. Thursday I emailed all the needed info to the person I had been in contact with previously. After no response, I copied the email and sent it to their generic "sales" address, and still nothing. I'm going to go over to the support forum and post something for Brian about this and see where it goes.

Later, Greg

PostPosted: 31 May 2009, 15:13 

Forget my disappointment. I just got a reply from Edcor and I'll share it with everyone.

I'm very pleased with the price break considering how small our group is. So everyone be expecting a Paypal request soon.

Later, Greg

Quoting Edcor:

"We will add the 6.3 volt center tap to the XPWR011 and leave the part number
the same. Cost for the group buy is $63.03 each and the CXPP50 is $57.32
each. I will send each one a PayPal Money Request."

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009, 09:53 
Editor

Awesome, I just paid my invoice.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009, 06:51 

I just received email notification that my trannies have been shipped. It's been less than 4 weeks, so that's pretty good service in my book, for ground up production from time of payment to out the door. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to get my chassis ready in the meantime, as was my goal. Oh well, all in good time.

In any case, this is good news.

Cheers, Greg

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2009, 07:40 

Got mine, they look great!

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2009, 11:58 
Editor

I got mine a couple of weeks back and they really do look great. I really hope Edcor can continue to offer this quality of transformers at this price for a long time to come. What a bargain.
Cheers

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4