DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 19 Sep 2019, 08:50

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: 04 May 2009, 14:50 

Dusty,

I've started an "Interest Check for more Millett UniAmp PCBs" thread. Check in there and post how many pairs of boards you would like.

Cheers, Greg

PostPosted: 08 May 2009, 17:51 

would a pair of dynaco st 70 output trannys work on this build? I got a pair of those sitting here and also a pair of trannys from a hh scott lk 150 that might work? :D

PostPosted: 09 May 2009, 06:59 

Endspec,

I think you're safe with either of those. Both are from push-pull amps that used power tubes from the same family as the UniAmp. The Dynaco is 4.3K primary impedance, I'm pretty sure, so it will allow the amp to produce more power. Not sure about the HH Scott, but their OPTs are legendary.

Using those instead of the 6.6K that Mr. Millett recommends may call for you to change the B+ a bit and a couple of resistor values to run at the optimum.

Someone with more knowledge than I will have to chime in on what those changes might be.

BTW, let's move any more build questions to the Millett UniAmp build thread.

Cheers, Greg

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 17:09 
Editor

I got my PCB today. Fantastic quality! What a steal!

Greg, what would regular pricing have been for the boards?
Cheers

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 17:23 
Project Author

Gio,

So you will eventually make a big power amp?

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 17:46 
Editor

Hi Mark,
The plan is to get a KT88 oddwatt first. This one I will build slowly, as I am thinking I will use directly heated power triodes which will make this a pricey build.

Mark, What will you be doing with your boards?

Cheers

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 17:51 

Gio,

Glad you like the boards. Everyone who has responded has said the same.

Had I not got the new customer discount at Imagineering, Inc., the cost would have been double for this batch.

Cheers, Greg

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 22:43 
Project Author

gmilitano wrote:
Mark, What will you be doing with your boards?

Eventually make an amp. Maybe not monoblocks.

PostPosted: 23 May 2009, 10:55 
Editor

For those of you who got the Millett UniAmp PCBs, you may also be interested in the group buy for the Altronics M0706 - 10k:10k Shielded Transformer which can be used as the phase splitter for the UniAmp.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6