DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 12 Nov 2018, 18:24

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 64  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2017, 01:04 
Offline

Joined: 21 Apr 2017, 02:10
Posts: 27
Hi Bruce,
I had been tracer all wire, connection, the sound still so too small, did not know why like that.
beside that, is the oddwatt ground effect to forewatt when connect signal cable?
Thank you many much.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2017, 13:13 
Offline

Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 07:05
Posts: 276
Have you tried to measure any voltages/currents?
Have you tried to use the power amp without Forewatt and any mods?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2017, 13:26 
Offline
Project Author
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jun 2008, 20:59
Posts: 3842
Location: Arizona, USA
Hi, It appears that my earlier post didn't make it. I sent a PM

Good listening
Bruce

_________________
Some of my DIY Tube Amplifier Projects:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 01:06 
Offline

Joined: 21 Apr 2017, 02:10
Posts: 27
poty wrote:
Have you tried to measure any voltages/currents?
Have you tried to use the power amp without Forewatt and any mods?

Thank you Poty,
1. My power amp in good quality of sound.
2. My B+ on FW just is higher little bit.
My PS using 680 ohm on filter, and 680 ohm in cathode.
At Bias I have 84 Volt.
Regards,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 01:07 
Offline

Joined: 21 Apr 2017, 02:10
Posts: 27
gofar99 wrote:
Hi, It appears that my earlier post didn't make it. I sent a PM

Good listening
Bruce

sorry to answer to late, I have send you the pic of my FW.
It 's not clear 'cos my wiring is not good.
Thank you many much.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 08:19 
Offline

Joined: 21 Apr 2017, 02:10
Posts: 27
Hi Bruce and Pity,
after direct connect between Power amp and forecast the sound so pretty. so the issue from MV04.
1. MV04 may be wrong connect wiring or broken.
2. one thing more, that my PS, B+ seem too height, it is 260V, with 680 ohm register at filter and 680 ohm at cathode. so do you have any advised.
Thank you many much. I very so happy with my Prewatt and Oddwat power.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 19:15 
Offline

Joined: 24 Nov 2010, 14:39
Posts: 26
Location: California
Hi Gh0st3g. Great that you have isolated it to the MV04 and not a problem in the preamp circuit.
It sounds like maybe the relay on the input selector board of the MV is not closing, or the wrong one is closing for the selected input. On my Forewatt, if I have an active source connected, but select one of the unused inputs, I can lightly hear the active source if I crank up the gain...along with some noise, kind of as you described. Under normal circumstances, there is absolutely no hum or hiss - just sweet music.
You may need to use an ohmmeter to determine which, if any, relay is closed, as it's hard to tell which of the six is "clicking" as you change inputs.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I found that the signal and power grounds on the MV mainboard were connected together with a 10 ohm resistor and a small parallel capacitor. I removed those two components and got rid of all audible hum.

Once you get the kinks out of it, the little remote unit actually works pretty good :)

Good luck with it!...Jim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 22:53 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2016, 21:22
Posts: 5
Location: Calgary - Canada
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the support, answers and contribution! I wanted to share the pictures of the finished project!
It is a custom combo ForeWatt + GrooveWatt. Slightly different circuit to match my preferences but still deserved to be credited!
About a year from concept to finished product, 100% garage build, 90% from salvaged parts.
And I can confirm it sounds as amazing as it looks (to me at least!). I have an optional mesh shield but I didn't had it on for the picture. (And Yes, B/H are my initials)
Cheers!


This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 00:51 
Offline

Joined: 21 Apr 2017, 02:10
Posts: 27
Jim_O wrote:
Hi Gh0st3g. Great that you have isolated it to the MV04 and not a problem in the preamp circuit.
It sounds like maybe the relay on the input selector board of the MV is not closing, or the wrong one is closing for the selected input. On my Forewatt, if I have an active source connected, but select one of the unused inputs, I can lightly hear the active source if I crank up the gain...along with some noise, kind of as you described. Under normal circumstances, there is absolutely no hum or hiss - just sweet music.
You may need to use an ohmmeter to determine which, if any, relay is closed, as it's hard to tell which of the six is "clicking" as you change inputs.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I found that the signal and power grounds on the MV mainboard were connected together with a 10 ohm resistor and a small parallel capacitor. I removed those two components and got rid of all audible hum.

Once you get the kinks out of it, the little remote unit actually works pretty good :)

Good luck with it!...Jim

Thank you Jim,
Any way, I can not found the resistor and capacitor as you describe, I will take some pic of that MV04 PWB later.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2017, 12:02 
Offline

Joined: 18 Jan 2017, 18:55
Posts: 37
Can someone clarify if the capacitor circled in red is 1 or 0.1. I am thinking 1.
Thanks


This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 64  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], THD+N and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
DIY Tube Projects :: DIY Tube Amp Kits :: DIY Speaker Projects :: DIY Solid State Projects :: DIY IC / Op-amp Projects :: DIY Phono Projects :: DIY Cable Projects :: Hi-Fi Audio Schematics
© diyAudioProjects.com - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy