DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Bruce Heran outlines the details and construction of his simple DIY 6DJ8 (ECC88) Tube Hi-Fi Headphone Amplifier Project.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 30 Oct 2014, 12:31

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: New Member Introductions
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2008, 12:28 

Hi from NY
I am new to diy and just wanted to say hello. I love listening to all kinds of music. All my equipment is middle of the road and purchased. I have been intently reading this site for the past week now. Since I don't have too many tools, I am going to start small with some diy audio cable projects.

After that I want to try some of the one speaker systems on the site.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2008, 14:12 

Bruce sent me over here and I thank him for that.
I am getting back into tube systems and trying to learn about building them,
Steven A.

Post subject: Re: Hi from NY
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2008, 14:31 
Project Author

Hi to New York, Good choices for first projects. You don't need a lot of equipment if you stick to projects that are diy. A good soldering iron, a cheap desoldering iron (Radio Shack ones work fine) a few screw drivers and pliars, cutters and an inexpensive volt meter (I have a $10 digital that was local purchase) is really all you need. Put that together with a good ear and a desire to hear quality sound and you are right on track. Welcome to the hobby.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2008, 14:33 
Project Author

Welcome back, keep us posted on your 6V6 project.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2008, 16:38 

Thank you Bruce, It is nice to get in on the ground floor.
I will keep you posted on the 6v6 and also the hammond monster that is on the back burner.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2008, 17:38 
Editor

Welcome to the forum!

1timer .. I suspect that handle makes you a hockey fan.

IMO, cables will be the least noticeable component in a audio system. However, don't let that discourage you. Cables make a good first project because they are so simple. There are a ton of projects to choose from on the internet. I would not get hung up on brand names. Concentrate on nice clean connections.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,
Gio

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2008, 17:46 
Editor

Hi Steven and welcome to the forum.

Feel free to post pictures and your progress with your tube amp projects over in the DIY Tube Forum.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2008, 10:13 

Thanks. I know cables won't do too much, but I want to try something simple first. Then maybe speakers. I don't have a table saw, so I will try those curved ready made cabinets.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2008, 21:50 
Project Author

Hi everybody!

Am Alex from the Philippines (currently residing here) but also live in California, USA once in a while. :)

I started doing audio DIY a couple of years ago (speakers and tubed audio) and now I am a certified vacuum tube/valve addict! :twisted:

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2008, 22:32 
Editor

Hi Alex and welcome!

Alex sent me an email a while back after he built a Sealed Bipole with the Fostex FE127E similar to one I had previously built. Here is the link to Alex's Fostex FE127E Sealed Bipole Speakers. His wood working skills are better than mine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next