DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 19 Sep 2019, 17:10

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 09:07 

I have an amp salvaged from a "The Fisher" chassis 51 consolette. I am looking for a matching mono tube amp with which to make a stereo pair. The amp I have looks like this:

I am only seeking the amp, but a series 51 console unit may look like one of these:
Attachment:
Fisher02.jpg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 11:01 

Yspm,

Another option is FREECYCLE and Craiglist I have been successful on both of these sites. I used an add that said something like this:
Wanted your Grandparents old HiFi Console...

Worked well. FREECYCLE is really meant to be free, so do not pay for anything.

Hope this helps.

Alan

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 11:10 

Thanks - excellent advice.
The tube sockets are labeled: 5Y3 (1), EL84 (2), 12AX7 (1) and 6SC7 (1)
Here is the BOM & sch, not sure if they match what I have perfectly.
Attachment:
Fisher_51_sch.gif
Attachment:
Fisher_51-BOM.gif

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2009, 20:50 

i've got one but have no way to email you...my ebay id is ceo-sezso

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2009, 20:13 

Hello, I saw your post and am curious if you found the matching amp you sought? If not, would you consider selling it as a parts unit? If yes, does it work? Do you have any of the tubes that are missing? I am restoring a unit that originally held this amp. If you did find an amp for yourself do you have for sale any of the following:1) knobs; 2)spindle for 45s; 3)cartridge; 4)turntable or parts? You may give me a quick phone call (607-724-3425) and I will return your call as long as it is in the USA.
Thanks