DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 09:43

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hello from CT
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2008, 15:01 

Hi Brain,

Welcome aboard. I like seeing an influx of new folks to the site. You will be hard pressed to find a more friendly and helpful group anywhere on the web.

A place to watch regarding 12AX7 tube PreAmps would be right here in one of our very own forums.

Wishing you clear notes.

Alan

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2008, 17:52 
Editor

Hi Brian, welcome to the forum.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and we will try help you along.

Cheers,
Gio

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2008, 22:57 
Project Author

Brian,
Glad to have you aboard :)
Yep, you found the right place for tubes :)
I hope to build something tubey probably this time next year or maybe as soon as summer. I know that I am in a very knowledgeable group here and there are some definite experts to help me which is good news for you! :)
Welcome,
Uriah

Post subject: Hello from Texas
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 13:14 

I found your site a while back and registered, but now it's time to get back to reading the forum posts and pitching in when I can. We have been through a very tough time here in the Houston/Galveston area due to Hurricane Ike and as an electrician, getting power to the people comes before the playing in the forums. The clean up has been done very well and I'm proud of what FEMA has done for so many folks here. Here is a link to some of the photos of our devastation: http://www.tpicks.com/

I hope to participate more in the forums now that I've got a little bit more time.

MIke Cason

Post subject: Re: Hello from Texas
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 19:43 
Editor

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum. I just took a look at your site, you have some nice builds.

Cheers,
Gio

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 20:07 

Thanks Gio....

I've accomplished my speaker system building for my home and now have a taste to study some of your tube amp projects. I'm always open to learning. I have a friend who owns Audience, the makers of Auricap and Auricwire and he caters to a lot of the tube amp builders.

Thanks for the kind welcome.

Mike

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 12:11 
Project Author

Hi Mike,
Glad to see you here. Your system is flat out amazing. Jaw dropping.
I sure hope you stick around!
Ri

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 14:33 

RiGuy wrote:
Hi Mike,
Glad to see you here. Your system is flat out amazing. Jaw dropping.
I sure hope you stick around!
Ri

I just held an audition for a new member to our Houston DIY speaker building group and I got the best compliment ever. He said he has listened to some Wilsons powered up by some Krell amps and my builds are so much better. I need a size 20 hat about right now.....

Thanks for the invite to stay and I hope to be posting more often..... :up:

Mike

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 21:36 
Project Author

Congratulations! That is a great compliment.
We need a DIY club here in Rhode Island. Your average Rhode Islander doesnt travel 10 miles without planning ahead and complaining about the distance so its hard to get that kind of stuff started, but it would be nice to hang out with other audio geeks and compare builds.
Ri

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2008, 06:42 

Start a DIY Club thread....maybe you will find more folks eager than you think. We don't get together as much as we should because it takes time to complete a system build to demo. We had one guy show us how to build high end cables. I missed that one as I joined too late. You might get an audio retailer to show up and do a demo as well and give away a door prize. There's all sorts of creative ways to get things rolling.

I got involved with the Jerry Lewis telethon and got our Monster Fishing Club to hold a shark tournament and got freebees and donations from sponsers. It was easy and was a write off for the sponsers. I handed a $3,000 check to the TV announcer at the Summit, yes I became a TV celebrity. :headphones: tehehe......

Now that my system is completed, except for finishing the recovering of my 13 grills, I'm going to keep busy in the forums because I love audio.

Cheers,
Mike

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 63  Next