DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 23 Sep 2019, 03:06

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2011, 21:24 

Hi All:

I just got hold of a Sansui Quartz Lock tuner so my Sony ST-JX44 is up for sale. I bought this tuner new in 1983. It is Digital QL with 8 preselect buttons (which I really like). Sensitivity is 1.8uV so it brings in the stations real well. Cosmetically it is pretty good. I have the original owner's manual. If interested let me know.

I have a NAD 1020 preamp for sale also. Worked fine last time I used it, it has been boxed up ever since my Heathkit amp blew. The volume control is a little scratchey, but never tried any De-Ox. Cosmeticly it is very good. I have the original owner's manual for this too. I purchased this new in late 1982.

I have too many amps, so I'm selling my Marantz 2216 receiver. Very nice sounding transistor analog amp/tuner. Its not perfect: the balance pot is fine in the center position but doesn't really work the way it should; several of the lights in the station dial are out. The tuner is strong with that really nice Marantz flywheel tuning knob. Cosmetically it is in pretty good condition except one of the knobs is scratched on the side.

I have a very nice Aiwa AD6500 cassette deck that needs new belt(s). Cosmetically very good.

Finally a pair of Labtec LCS-1022 magnetically sheilded and amplified speakers meant for computer. The owners manual lists the power output at 10W, it has a bass boost, variable treble, subwoofer jack, etc. The enclosures are actually a horn, and for their size sound terrific. Work well with a small CD player. I used them in my office in my last job. The enclosures are slightly discolored, otherwise cosmetically very good. Let me know if interested.

I can send pictures. :trumpet:

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2011, 17:27 

PM sent.

Post subject: NAD pre
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2011, 00:41 

Hi All:

Update on the NAD. I tested the phono section with my old Denon and Grado cartridge. Not a good combination. I don't know if it is just the cartridge or just the combination as the Grado does not work well with my Sony digital HT receiver either. It did work well with my old Pioneer SX780 which was last played about 6 months ago. The NAD worked well with our old B&O linear tracking truntable, but that was a while ago. So, unless you know something I don't, I would not recommend this NAD pre-amp for vinyl lovers. Other wise it works VERY well. I tested a CD through the AUX, TAPE and TUNER inputs and it sounds good, very hard to tell it is there. All functions work as they should ('cept PHONO). It is in good cosmetic shape, all lettering is intact with no fading. Considering the condition, I will let it go for $65 plus shipping from zip 93907. It will be double boxed with lots of cushioning.

Cheers,