DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 30 Mar 2020, 12:34

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010, 22:44 
Editor

While looking at the Hammond site trying to find a chassis for a Uniamp build there are a bunch of new chassis that look pretty good:
Painted "Stomp Box" - Diecast Aluminum

Walnut Chassis - with Aluminum Panels

Aluminum Chassis - with Walnut Side Panels

The above also comes in steel.

They look great in the photos. Has anyone seen these yet?

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2010, 00:33 

Flippin' AWESOME! :up:

I should go grab the pricelist *is afraid* :?

Work: Classic Valve Design

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2010, 10:35 

Hi Gio,

they all look great, but the one with the wood on the sides beats it, I am in love, maybe I will get this one for my OddWatt upgrade. I am waiting on the OK from Bruce about the KT120 tubes, and if they behave good and sound good, I am afraid I gotta have them. :) Maybe get such a nice new hammond enclosure as well, together with a bigger power transformer, oh my, why am I not collecting stamps as a hobby or so?

My DIY Audio Projects:
- Single-Ended 12B4A tube amp with ECC802S driver
- DIY Push-Pull KT88 tube amp (OddWatt amp from scratch)
- 832 / GU32 tube push-pull amplifier project

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2010, 10:43 
Project Author

Wow,

very cool enclosures. I hope that they will be available in our german stores...

I love this things ;-).

Some of my projects: TDA2050 Chip Amp, the LM3886 Gainclone Thread and the Szekeres Headamp Thread.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2010, 12:01 
Editor

I'm pretty excited about them as I hate enclosure building. They may be rather new. I could not find online pricing but I will call my local Hammond dealer and see if I can get a price.

It looks like the walnut side panels cover the spot weld.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2010, 18:11 
Editor

Geek wrote:
I should go grab the pricelist *is afraid* :?

There were no prices on the Hammond website so I checked with my local Hammond distributor today (Tip Top Electronics).

1444-12CWW (7 x 5 x 2 inches) = $50CDN
1444-32CWW (17 x 10 x 3 inches) = $76CDN

So about double the cost of just the plain aluminum chassis. The price seems pretty fair for the big chassis. What do you guys think?
Cheers

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2010, 20:39 

I did a price request from Digikey. I'll let you all know what they say.

Cheers!

Work: Classic Valve Design

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2010, 21:22 
Editor

I will order a couple on Monday and turn around is about 2 weeks. I'll post photos when I get mine.
Cheers

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2010, 19:21 
Editor

My order of new Hammond chassis arrived. :mrgreen:
They look great. I posted a few photos on the blog: New Hammond Chassis with Walnut Side Panels.

If you have a specific question about one of the models I purchased post it here and I will try answer it for you.

Cheers

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2010, 22:13 
Project Author

For me I get the chassis, cases and cans at staff price. From a can of spray I can paint a number of cases. Most of the time spent on chassis work is marking and drilling and not the spraying.

The other factor (once again for me) is I like a mre individual looking chassis and occasionaly some colours. Ok Hammerd copper wasn't that successful but it was different. Good to see Hammond, though, is providing some real variety.