DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 23 Sep 2019, 14:19

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 26 May 2009, 22:23 

Well I was able to get all the resistors today for the boards and will be installing them soon. I am priceing out the caps now too to save the money for them. will post picks soon too.

PostPosted: 26 May 2009, 23:11 
Project Author

Endspec wrote:
Well I was able to get all the resistors today for the boards and will be installing them soon. I am priceing out the caps now too to save the money for them. will post picks soon too.

Whos caps are you going to use. I just love waiding through signal caps. Currently building with Jensen Copper, paper and oil with pure silver leads. Loved the original hand made Jupiter beeswax and paper caps. Can't get them any more he has changed the line-up. Pitty really they were a very unique cap and I used dozens of them in projects.

So what is your poison?

PostPosted: 26 May 2009, 23:27 

Bluesman wrote:
Mark has built the UniAmp, as well. He bought a pair of these boards, so maybe he and Dan can chime in and help us fill in the BOM wherever there's some uncertainty or something has been overlooked.
Bluesman wrote:
Quoting myself here to point out that the statement that Mark has built the UniAmp is not true. While he has the amp/amps, they were actually built by Dan.

Hi Guys :)
my first post, hello all:)

actually there is another correction, yes Dan built them, but Mark no longer has them ( evil laugh hihihi).
I have them now, I bought them from Mark:).

So I can probably answer some questions about them, or I can help in listening tests down the track.
Any rate if you want to ask a question about them you can ask me. I just fixed a cathode wire problem
last weekend also, so have been inside for a look. (One mono block developed a screaming habit that
was intermittent as I tapped a KT88. I thought it was a bad connection in the socket but ended up tracing
the cathode wire back to the cct board where it had lifted the track/land.)

cheers,
Paul.

PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 00:12 

Don't know yet, something a poor man can afford lol. I am working on a very small budget as I am still not working yet. And it looks like I will not be working for sometime as the jobs here are dried up bad.

PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 00:49 
Project Author

Endspec wrote:
Don't know yet, something a poor man can afford lol. I am working on a very small budget as I am still not working yet. And it looks like I will not be working for sometime as the jobs here are dried up bad.

At the local Electronics shop where I work the high volatge polypropelene and film caps (630V) are excellent and only a few cents each. Or our X2s I have also used and again excellent sonic qualities. Let me know if I can help.

Mark.

PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 06:52 

Thanks mark, but what would be shipping from down under to here be?
Steven A.

PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 17:18 
Project Author

Endspec wrote:
Thanks mark, but what would be shipping from down under to here be?

A small pack of caps should not be too bad. I will try to get an estimate.

PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 19:11 

cool thanks mark,
Steven A.

PostPosted: 29 May 2009, 00:14 

ok I got a ? it calls for a 910r 1/2 watt resistor, were am i to get one.can I use a 1000r 1/2 in place of it?

PostPosted: 29 May 2009, 10:26 

Endspec wrote:
ok I got a ? it calls for a 910r 1/2 watt resistor, were am i to get one.can I use a 1000r 1/2 in place of it?
Well I found the 910r resistors today and got all the resistors in the board, pics will be posted soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next