DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 20 May 2018, 14:22

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: just hit a gold mine!
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 20:36 

I am cleaning out a house that the old jent was a tinkerer in electronics and got a RCA -20 amp and some vtvm's and a cap tester and some other stuff, I am going back saterday to clean out his shop inside the house and then I will post the findings and mybe put some stuff up for sale.
But I need a schematic on the rca 20 so I can go through it and bring her back to snuff. I will try and post pics later after I get the rest of the stuff home.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 22:42 

Well I am haveing troubles posting pictures.
I am recaping it now, done with the coupling caps and am working on the power supply.
I am leaveing the old can caps in the unit and putting the new caps on the underside to keep the looks, I hope it don't smoke on start up lol.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 23:20 
Project Author

Well now that you have a cap tester you could find out if those caps will smoke before you even power it up :)
Although only cap testers I ever see only go to like 200uf.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008, 00:20 

Well all the caps are in and I checked the resistors some and they all test good so I will bring it up on the veriac saterday evening and see how it goes. Just to tierd tonight to try it.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008, 15:27 

WELL IT IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!! :up: no smoke and dead silent, It sounds prity darn good to for pushing a 5.5 inch speaker now will have to brake out the monster speaker and try it out. :)

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008, 15:36 
Project Author

Pleas post some pictures. I want to see the amp.

Jordan JX92S DIY Tower Speakers

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008, 16:27 

He is a link to my post on AK hope it works, there are some pics on it. I have not been able to post them here yet.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showth ... p?t=173568

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2008, 17:33 
Project Author

Nice Thread on AK. Those people had a lot of information FAST for you. It sounds like you DO have an amazin amp! And, its legendary, or it would be if there were enough of them for someone to have heard them :) So its awesome and rare. Nice Nice find.
Ri

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2008, 21:12 

Thank you, they are a good bunch of folks over there too. I would love to find a mate for it some day but first is a pre amp with phono input or a tuner/pre combo for it.All I can play now is the tuner or a cdp, I want to spin some lp's soon through it.
I am thinking of building a cab sorta like an old juke box for it.