DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 09 Apr 2020, 06:22

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2009, 18:21 

Hi everyone,

Just want to show some pic's of my build. This is the guts of the PS with interconnect cable. Still waiting for the xformer from Edcor. It will sit on an Aluminum top plate. Have not decided on a color yet for the top plate.
Attachment:
DSCF0003.JPG
Attachment:
DSCF0007.JPG
Beta2.0

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2009, 22:48 
Project Author

Very nice build. I like the wood base. I have found that you can get bamboo wood bases similar to that (several of my projects used them) from places like Walmart and Target for rather low prices. Typically $5-10US. The biggest problem with them is you need to be careful how you drill them as they will splinter.

Keep us posted on the build. If it is not already too late you may wish to use the driver stage from the Odd Blocks instead of the earlier one. Either 6/12SL7s or 5751s can be used. There are a few small changes to increase the current through the SRPP. I was unable to measure any significant change in the sound quality but another diyer (sorry forgot your name) that has used those tubes has done lots of tests and thought that the change made them just slightly better.

Be sure you note the cautions about the heater connection to the B+ supply (via a resistor divider) and that you use a poly cap of around 1-2 uf at the junction of the divider to the ground (it improves the background noise level quite a bit). Watch the pin connections on the LM317 as well. It is not hooked up like a voltage regulator. These two areas have caused some builders some problems.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 23:07 

Hi All,

Now that the Christmas season is over, i can stow my other hobby till November. (Computerized Christmas light show, broadcast on 89.1 FM)

Then dust off my amp project and finish it!! :eek:

Beta2.0