DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 25 May 2019, 15:20

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 02:18 

IF I wanted the "window" to be perfect, I had made it so ....

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 02:06 

Sorry, I hi-jackied your thread .... :blush:

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2019, 13:49 

I just finsihed Milletts Nu-Hybrid, headphone amp based on the Nutube. Looking for a 24V supply and an adapter for the headphone connector, else everything looks nice.
Board from Peter Millett and components according to Milletts BOM from Mouser.

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2019, 17:13 
Project Author

Magnus, looks good.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2019, 17:14 

Theres nos triodes which are designed to operate from 5-36v on ebay for like $5-20USD per pair, I need to try those one day and I need to try nut tube.
Both of them in custom schematics.

Thats awesome stuff.
I rember seeing ads on nut tube and content but never thought those stuff were pulbilically avalible.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2019, 18:05 

I was often in a debate with a guy on a Swedish electronics forum. He thought I was a copycat, using ready-made stuff from China, USA and whatever. In this case I had three tubes and I wanted to try them out, not spend time designing my own stuff.
The kits - two from Peter Millett and one from PCBpedal. The latter has to be assembled an tested with my Bender Stratofaster.

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2019, 18:07 

http://korgnutube.com/pdf/Nutube_Datash ... otes_E.pdf

I just had a look at its datasheet very disapointing, with maximum power of 1.7mW and very weak grid curves is not something I want to consider designing with.
Should be at least something like 350mW max with current capaciblitys similar to transitors.

NOS ones for 5-36v have gird curves for few mA and less than 10V

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2019, 18:12 

I think it is primarly aimed to the music stuff. If you guitar distorts some 17%, 3 or 4 more procents doesn't matter ...

―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2019, 18:18 

I thought the purpouse of this nuttube is to replace old tubes at lower price and operate at lower voltages to eliminate expensive bulky hv supplies.

It dosen't meet any of these expectations.

When I mean operating at lower voltages this means it should have plentry of grid curves and should handle at least 1mA at 5V without the grid being overdriven.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 03:30 

I was hopping these boys to be on par with these tubes in terms on current capabiiltes like this one, this would make them very usefull in low voltage op amps, low distortion and pure valve sound hybrids
Selling at 7usd each is hard to beat the price and even comepete
https://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Pair-of-8056 ... SwH55bWKj8

http://www.r-type.org/pdfs/8056.pdf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next