DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 05:02

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 17:26 
Project Author

laurie54 wrote:
Keeps us in formed and add some images. Thanks for the nice compliment. I sold the HP amp but are missing it. I may have to build another.[/quote]

Did it go out the door with the 6080, or the S shaped 6as7? The reason I ask is my 6as7 "S" has not yet come in so i am thinking of changing to the stubby which is in stock.[/quote]
I changed mine to RCA subby. Better sound.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2014, 00:47 

That's good news as i phoned, canceled the back order and changed to 6080, and one 6as7 both as a stubby. Now back to the waiting game.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2014, 13:11 

I do like the separate AMP / PWSPLY way of build. It allows the "hum manufacturing plant" we "build" to be far enough away from the AMP, and, the smaller footprint allows added versatility. I draw the line at building anything so light weight that it slides across the table when i push the on sw though. (pet peeve).
I have no idea when i will finish this thing but sure enjoy seeing what like minds-come up with. Really some amazingly talented artists. I would like to say how much i enjoy the sight.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2014, 00:49 

So far i am up to layer 3 of the varathane and have pics of 73K but am getting a parser

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2014, 00:51 

Apparently not ! LOL I can't wait for the "cured" date, which is about 3 to 4 wks. I phoned the 1-800-#. Honestly i don't know either if i have it in me. Hmmmmm

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2014, 16:16 

I am working on one of these as well. I have an AZ1 for the rectifier tube instead of the 274B, and a nos RCA 6as7 ST bottle for the output.

Just have to pick up a few more parts and then I will be ready for the build. Seeing the pics of the 274B really got me thinking about mesh plate rectifiers, which is why I picked up the mesh plate AZ1. Odd filament voltage though.......

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2014, 18:13 
Project Author

lexx21 wrote:
I am working on one of these as well. I have an AZ1 for the rectifier tube instead of the 274B, and a nos RCA 6as7 ST bottle for the output.

Just have to pick up a few more parts and then I will be ready for the build. Seeing the pics of the 274B really got me thinking about mesh plate rectifiers, which is why I picked up the mesh plate AZ1. Odd filament voltage though.......

Do you have an image of the AZ1?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2014, 23:22 

Sure.... here you go.....

http://jimmyauw.com/tag/rectifier/

I have the Telefunken. I picked it up on ebay and the seller had left his store to a friend while he was on vacation. The friend sent me a bum AZ11 (different tube altogether) which had some loose pieces inside somewhere.... Anyway, he made good on it and had the proper tube out to me in short order. I am going to a hamfest this weekend so I will look for the socket there. It's a funky type that has the pins on the side of the tube base and the tube sinks down into the "cup" of the socket.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2014, 02:50 

HI Lexx21. The wood is walnut and maple. I am finished the units but now am waiting for a sunny day when i can take a decent pic or two.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2014, 07:27 
Project Author

lexx21 wrote:
I have the Telefunken. I picked it up on ebay and the seller had left his store to a friend while he was on vacation. The friend sent me a bum AZ11 (different tube altogether) which had some loose pieces inside somewhere.... Anyway, he made good on it and had the proper tube out to me in short order. I am going to a hamfest this weekend so I will look for the socket there. It's a funky type that has the pins on the side of the tube base and the tube sinks down into the "cup" of the socket.

Another nice old rec. tube is the "80". Not as exciting as a mesh plate but a quaint old squat rec. tube none the less. I have a few and will be using one in my upcoming old school 6V6 build.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next