DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 31 Aug 2016, 18:28

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dynaco SCA 35 Iron
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016, 12:59 

Question A

I have a set of OEM dynaco SCA35 transformers, verified as good.
I did make the ST35 clone with them, I am less than perfectly happy with the results, at least as compared to my stock ST35.

Are there any suggestions out there as to other choices? I am reasonably handy and have decent tooling and considerable experience with troubleshooting, repairs, kits and so forth.

Question B

Same question but for Fisher 500 iron. These are also good, but I have not seen any after-market suggestions for these beasts.

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Dynaco SCA 35 Iron
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016, 13:44 

Why don't you be daring?

Build a chassis how you like it and then build the output stage then the splitter and input?

Steal from other designs or design your own?

Build a low powered Marantz or make the output ccs with multi tube selection.

There are Mullard, Pye, Leak to name just a few...Dynatron...loads of amps you could build.
Get inspiration from guitar designs<<sounds nuts but how many substitute output and input tubes.

Build a switchable input tube /output tube etc design.
Variable FB or FB types..set yourself free...
This idea of if its not an established design is pants <<just my opinion. :D
The only thing that might be restrictive is DC coupling so give it a miss<<each section is then a building block.

Build a mini Manley Stingray..https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=manle ... AMM8oHM%3A

Build a Magnavox for a laugh or Baby huey<<<very popular

How good is your art work:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=unusu ... k_z0Z-M%3A

Regards
M. Gregg