DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 01:01

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: 1930 171-A SE amp
PostPosted: 01 May 2014, 06:37 

Looks nice!

Projects: OTL 6AS7 Gen, Electric, SEs 2A3 RCA, 300B JJ, 6S4S, 4P1L, EL11 Telefunken, 6AS7 RCA, 6S33S, 6S41S, 6S19P, PP 6005 Gen. Ellectric , headphone ampl. OTL Loftin White 6AS7 RCA....SE E84L& E80CC Siemens&Tel-n.
http://azazello-sound.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: 02 May 2014, 02:02 
Project Author

Very impressed how this unusual amp is sounding. The new preamp has made a huge difference. Through the Fostex the amp is loud and clear. Excellent with simple arrangements and voice.

There are 4 X 9V batteries which supply the bias. These are never turn off and may take many years to drop any potential at all. They only provide a negative potential to the grid with probably only uA flow when the amp is on. The batteries still test the same as when I out them in back in Feb last year.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 07:57 
Project Author

Getting good volume from such a low power amp is always a challenge. The Fostex FE206 drivers help here. Parley, the new tube and Pass B1 preamp, helped to drive the uP power Intermezzo to better heights. Then comes the Beyma based 12" very high efficiency speakers I assembled recently. A whole new ball game emerges.

With Parley and the Beyma, VoXConcentriC speakers this amp not only sound excellent it sounds a lot louder. I have enjoyed a huge afternoon with this combo. Bring on tomorrow.

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4835&start=10

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 16:44 
Project Author

Enjoying Intermezzo with the Beyma 12" coaxials.
Attachment:
PA143364 (800x563).jpg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 30 May 2017, 18:41 
Project Author

Really enjoying my high efficiency 15" Beyma concentrics and my 1/3W amp. Plenty of power though on some really loud vocals on one Opera track you could hear it losing it. But that's less than 0.5% of my total listening and all I had to do was turn down the wick a little. Extremely sweet Sou Di g amp and thoroughly enjoyable to listen to if - if - you have the right speakers. And I do.

Attachment:
image.jpeg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 30 May 2017, 18:57 
Project Author

The UX-171A tube was made in the 1920's which means the tubes are approaching 100 years old. Wow, didnt think I'd be listening to an amp with 100year old tubes. Can you imaging a 100year old transistor amp 30 years from now? I can't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7