DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 29 Nov 2020, 20:04

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 67  Next
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017, 12:05 

Would it be possible to add a title like "Where to Get Stuff", in the main menu? Not as a thread, (Too much chat), but with headers like trans,spkrs, tubes, chassis, etc in different countries. Anyone with a reliable company name could <add it> when found. I know i have seen this and other questions come up from time to time in different threads, (and answered), but to read every thread looking for specific info is mind blowing to say the least.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017, 20:01 

I would like to build this amp. I stumbled on to a site https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/nbw6ikQ2 that has PC boards for this project. I read the whole thread yesterday and unless I am missing something, I have not seen a mention of these boards. Does anyone know anything about this site and these PC boards?

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017, 01:49 

In Europe Don-Audio stocks and sells Edcor transformers, and prices are quite good. They have the WSM10k/150, same specifications as XSM series but 1/2W power capability. Would it be enough?

Added: the polish transformer company has answered. They can build whatever I want. They ask me about the anode current, I suppose to avoid saturation n the primary. Has anyone of you measured this current? And for the primary impedance, the best impedance ratio is 8.2:1, isn't it? So a 32ohms headphone would need a 2.2Kohms primary, right?

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017, 05:09 

schenkelini wrote:
I would like to build this amp. I stumbled on to a site https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/nbw6ikQ2 that has PC boards for this project. I read the whole thread yesterday and unless I am missing something, I have not seen a mention of these boards. Does anyone know anything about this site and these PC boards?

Those are not PC boards for this project. They are not even using the same tube.

Me

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017, 09:59 
Project Author

Hi, To be safe on the current you need to allow for at least 30ma. The 1/2 watt ones do not have the bass response of the larger ones. I tried them and found them unsuitable.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017, 10:25 

Thanks for the advise. Am I right in my impedance calculations? A 2.2Kohms primary, center tapped...

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017, 14:33 

Opps wrong link https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/WUrkvuuC

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2017, 09:17 

The whole board is 2.78" wide. That makes the tube sockets to be about 1.3" center to center. Less than the width of one tube between them. Seems close.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2017, 05:20 

The polish company has answered: a custom built transformer like this would cost 63,90€. Too much for a project that's supposed to be low budget. Edcor transformers from Don Audio are better cost, even being more expensive than in USA.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 18:01 

I don't have the right programs to look at the layout. Can anyone say definitively whether these OSH Park boards are any good?
If the are OK then I will order three of each (minimum quantity) and will have two pairs extra available at cost...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 67  Next