DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 20 Nov 2019, 13:22

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2019, 09:13 

gofar99 wrote:
Hi, I agree. It can not provide any isolation from the mains and IMO is dangerous to use. It is not suitable for the project.

Good listening
Bruce

Yes you are right. I have ordered fully isolated transformer now. But strange it did work (not good but it did) at upstart and i acually blowed output at a REGA DAC :down: :( before I found out it was not suitable. So now I starded to fix final stage at the Rega..
Happy fixing and building all

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2019, 03:05 

I changed the input transformer for one with 2*55V in series. Also in a external box with line filter. Now everything is working like a charm. No humm and better responce than the Edcor output transformer. Better music punsh. And some pictures.. this will be used at my office with headphones B&W P7. Tey are not as sensitive as my Sennheiser HD600 but now they sound really good too :headphones: :D

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2019, 13:16 

My old Russian 6n1ps have arrived and they are very much noise free! On top of that, I now have some neat USSR era boxes and a specsheet to hang on to. I might experiment with some more of these old russian tubes, seeing as you can get 4-5 matched pairs for the price of one set of Western NOS ones.
I'll just have to keep an eye on the power trans, and maybe add some more ventilation to the case in case things get a bit toasty.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2019, 13:27 

Hello, I will go for it, it is so elegant design!

I wonder the the value of the input impedance. I want to use it after a very simple RIIA pre and skip its cathode follower if possible.

Bes regards,
Adrian

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2019, 17:45 
Project Author

Hi, It should work fine. The gain of the headphone amp is low, but you really don't need much for phones. Input impedance is about the same as the control (100K).

Good listening
Bruce

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62