DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 17 Feb 2020, 20:10

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: C3g Amplifier
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 17:22 

Here my first contribution, an C3g Headphone Amplifier (original from Heinrich Siemens):
- own loctal socket,
- Mills resistors,
- AMTRANS resistors,
- Mundorf coupling capacitors,
- ALPS RK27112 potentiometer,
- standby switch (adjustable delay with red LED visualisation during heating),
- Hammond châssis,
- main power filter,
- and reduced cabling.

The two side PCB is routed with Eagle, the view are from POVRAY. The 3D components are from my own library.

More coming soon... (NEUTRIK XLR, RCA on the rear, perhaps cabling...)

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

Post subject: Re: C3g Amplifier
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 17:46 

... complete view...

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 17:57 

Hi!

Thanks for sharing such an impressive project with us! I have never heard about C3G tubes before, so I did a search and found some good information. In case i´m not the only one, here goes the C3G information link: http://www.jacmusic.com/nos/C3g-C3m-info.html

Cheers,
Miguel

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 18:13 

The amplifier is a good counterpart for high impedance headphones, and a very good choice for a HD600 Sennheiser.

I am working on a 6AS7G or 6080WC amplifier for low impedance headphones such as Grado.

The 3D POVRAY datas for the Philips 6080WC attached... driven by a E86C?

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 18:19 

The loctal socket for the C3g and PCB mounting ist very expensive (JACMUSIC and YAMAMOTO).

Here my own solution. Multi-Contact Sockets!

... and the standards, octal, noval and UX4.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2011, 12:32 
Editor

Is there a Schematic?

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2011, 16:42 

Here there are... Hey, whats about a simple please?

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2011, 12:20 
Project Author

Hi, A most interesting tube, Really nice build. I'm pondering if the tubes might make a nice RIAA preamp. 8-)

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2011, 16:58 

I suggest a EF86 and ECC81 with Lundahl input transformers LL1540 MM) and LL1678 (MC) for the RIAA preamplifier. The power supply is very important. I have my idea for a good RIAA preamplifier but first I will finish the C3g Headphone Amplifier, the TDA1543 DAC and the Tube DAC.

I am waiting for the missing parts for the Eagle3D detailled definition.

The roadmap is: C3g headphone amplifier, TDA1543 DAC, Tube DAC, Tube RIAA preamplifier, RIAA discrete preamplifier, discrete battery powered preamplifier, Mu-Follower tube preamplifier, my own turntable, 6AS7G headphone amplifier, D3A headphone amplifier, 300B SE, 2A3 SE, 845 push-pull and SABA Greencone loudspeaker.