DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Bruce Heran outlines the details and construction of his simple DIY 6DJ8 (ECC88) Tube Hi-Fi Headphone Amplifier Project.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 09:38

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010, 16:21 

Does anyone have a power supply circuit that would work for this!?

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 02:18 
Project Author

keaster wrote:
Does anyone have a power supply circuit that would work for this!?

Any PS which produces a very quite and clean 250 -> 260V will work. Nothing special.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010, 16:37 

Hi all.

Is there an error on the circuit diagram? I calculate 0.4 mA of V1a plate current and 1.3 mA of V1b plate current. This then suggests (to my noob eyes) that a 5.8 kOhm resistor should be used instead of the 8.2 kOhm resistor to drop the 260 V to 250 V.

Apologies if this totally unimportant

Steve

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2010, 01:35 

you can use two 12 volts transformers...i built it this way and works perfect!!!
in the first transformer enter the 110 and the 12v outs to the 12 volts out the other transformer so you have 240 volts.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2010, 01:45 
Project Author

highfieldrebel wrote:
Is there an error on the circuit diagram? I calculate 0.4 mA of V1a plate current and 1.3 mA of V1b plate current. This then suggests (to my noob eyes) that a 5.8 kOhm resistor should be used instead of the 8.2 kOhm resistor to drop the 260 V to 250 V.

I just followed the original cct. But I built about 6 of them. All good!

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2010, 01:49 
Project Author

cobalto777 wrote:
you can use two 12 volts transformers...i built it this way and works perfect!!!
in the first transformer enter the 110 and the 12v outs to the 12 volts out the other transformer so you have 240 volts.

This works alright. I tried it.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010, 22:18 

Sorry to Bother, but does anybody know where I may purchase one of these kits still?

THanks for your time,
Nicholas G.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2010, 16:42 
Project Author

Kits have not been available for years. You can wire them P2P or component-2-component. I have two borad made up which I can sell but they have Jensen and solen caps which are expensive. They are component-2-component wired. All you need is PS, encloure and hardware.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 08:52 
Project Author

I made a component-2-component 12AX7 preamp (same as you are discussing here) with external tube PS over 12 months ago. The best preamp ever. Here are my boards. There is no additional wire used just the component wire. And of course no PCB. The caps are Jensen copper, paper and oil. The FB cap Solen.
Attachment:
Preampss.jpg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2010, 20:50 
Project Author

Hi Everyone, It's been a while since I visited this thread. Nice build as always Mark. I like the Jupiters but would caution folks not to use the Jupiter "Vintage Tone" Caps in this circuit. They are great in guitar amps, but have a rather different sound characteristic that doesn't go well with hi-fi stuff. Even though I like this project, it is a bit more complicated than some others that I have come to prefer better. For simplicity in build and maximum performance check out the Forewatt project. Parts (notably in the PS) are easier to get. Be aware of the problems though that Benny had with using unusual tubes.

Good listening
Bruce

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next