DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 19 Oct 2019, 06:10

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 11:37 

Thanks Bruce
Thats what I will do.

Steven

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2019, 06:43 

What is the best value for cathode resistors with ecc81? I have a lot of them.
Thanks

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2019, 15:26 
Project Author

Hi, At the given voltages (180-225 B+) IMO there is no best value. There are several issues with ECC81s in this circuit. First the gain is way too much (instead of 7 it is 25). Too much for a line stage. Second the output impedance will be high....about 6.5K. It would be OK for a tube amp input of say 50K or more but might be unsuitable for a lot of solid state gear. All that said if you wish the best values I can determine are for both cathode resistors to be 100 ohms. This gives an idle current of 5.2 ma at 220volts. Output voltage into 50K is about +47/-31. Since you really need only about 1-3 volts it ought to be OK. The non-symmetrical range is likely to cause some harmonic distortion, but I have no way to tell short of building it. My guess would be that 1-3 volts output it should be in the sub 1% range. You can not bypass the lower cathode as the symmetry really gets bad there. I didn't check for higher B+ but it would seem to put the tube in a better range. Let me know what you have available and I re check it.

Good listening
Bruce

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66