DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 22 Sep 2019, 20:45

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2008, 17:58 
Editor

Hi guys, this might be old news, but I just found this site last night.

It looks like we will start seeing some new production tubes from these guys. Here is a snip from their website:

About Us
Blackburn MicroTech Solutions (BMS) has been formed from the former Philips Components organisation that itself started life as the Mullard Radio Valve Company Limited in 1938.

BMS is located on the original Mullard Valve site at Blackburn, England. Since the death of the valve for popular use following the invention of the transistor the former Mullard site has continued to develop and manufacture key components for the cathode ray tube industry. One such key component being the thermionic cathode.

With the background knowledge of valve manufacturing and cathode development, the Blackburn factory is once again able to be at the leading edge of valve development. 2008 sees the launch of the first real valve development since its initial launch back in the 1920's

And below is a shot of a new production shot of their E813CC (dubbed as a ECC83 equivalent).
Attachment:
E813CC-Vacuum-Tube.jpg

E813CC (ECC83 equivalent)
The E813CC has the same performance as the world renowned ECC83. Unlike the ECC83 however the variability in performance between two valves is reduced from an industry standard ±20% down to ±10%. Obvious benefits in application set-up are obtained by this new performance.

• 10 year life
  • Planar valve design
  • CRT cathode proven technology
  • Supersedes ECC83
  • 6.3V driving voltage
  • B9A pin base

Link to the datasheet: http://www.techtubevalves.com/valves/e8 ... asheet.pdf

It looks like they also have new productions of the ECC81 and ECC82, but not much details yet.

This should prove to be interesting. No details on pricing, and they say that their first public showing will be at the London Sound and Vision Show 19 - 21 September 2008. Looks like big coin to exhibit at the show, so I am going to guess that these tubes will not be cheap.

Another thing that caught my eye is that they state a life of 10 years. I wonder how they determined that since they just started?

Cheers

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2008, 21:54 

Very cool.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2008, 06:45 

Hey Gio, I did see those ones. I even emailed Bruce about them.

They look very unusual, and I just love weird stuff. No need to tell Im itching to try a pair!

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2008, 07:05 
Project Author

Funny, I was watching the film reel from the same site on how Mullard used to make tubes!

Are these tubes available on the market already?

Thanks.