DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 14 Nov 2019, 12:46

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 11:51 

Hallo everybody,

well now I will wire the filaments and think about where to put everything else in the mean while. I used to be able to work very accurate, but now my body gets old and cannot keep up with my mind. The last amp I wired in one day, starting in the morning and I just kept going until it was finished, and that really shows in the quality of my work. I could harly see no more and kept soldering. That it worked at all is prbably due to long years of experience with the solder iron. So now I am gonna take my time. Magnus, I don't want another hobby, that is all what is keft for me, the forum, you guys, Rebecca and my tubes., I stay busy also for therapeutic reasons, I am terminally ill and I don't have too much time, so I gotta build a bit faster than you guys. It helps to distract me. It is not about getting a cheap tube amp, I got more amps than speakers already, and now it is true, but I have the feeling to do something nice, to belong, otherwise the world will turn without me. I got a real good job, but now I am too sick to ever return to work. So Magnus, just let me build my tube amps, there are worse addictions

My DIY Audio Projects:
- Single-Ended 12B4A tube amp with ECC802S driver
- DIY Push-Pull KT88 tube amp (OddWatt amp from scratch)
- 832 / GU32 tube push-pull amplifier project

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 13:36 
Editor

Don't worry Ben, tube amps and speakers are a good addiction! ;)

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 14:34 

I was just pulling your leg, Buizen-mann. ;)

I was critized in a Swedish forum beacuse I used to complain about non-DIY treads that end up in the DIY-department and I should keep my moth shut as I had two unfinished threads with my speaker project. At the moment, I haven't gotten your drive but I try the best I can. :turtle:

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 21:51 

Hello Ben,

Thank you for sharing all of your excellent work on this forum.

I'm new to much of this technology, so your detailed photos and diagrams on this and other projects you have posted have been very helpful to me.

Respectfully,

Obe1

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 01:57 

Hallo everybody,

I am just trying to give a bit back what I get from this forum. By name Bruce Heran from OddWatt, it is his schematic I am building this amplifier on, has been a great help and support. Thanks Bruce, for this great technology and making it available to all of us.

As for myself, I am permanent at home, way too sick to ever return to work, so that is what I do with my time. I love music, all kinds, and I love to listen t it with very much detail with one of my home made amplifiers. I love the combination wood and tubes, really, to build and work with, I had much more fun with my little 1,5 watt tv amp than I do now. This amplifier I am so careful not to scratch anything, it's got all those (to me) very expensive parts, I touch it with very much respect. The little amplifier is made of salvage parts and the output transformers are from Magnus, (thanks again Magnus, for making that project possible, and for being my friend) and it was fun putting it together and the result, wow. But now I wanna concentrate on my KT88 ampifier. If it ends up sounding as good as my little tv amp, just with more power, I am happy.

My DIY Audio Projects:

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 01:59 

Forgot to post the first pics from under the hood. Here they are.

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

My DIY Audio Projects:

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 10:23 

Here are the rectifiers installed. Slowly. I use 10 ampere regular rectifiers for the filaments and somwhat faster scottcy rectifiers for B+, not the best, I have super fast diodes coming, will exchange in time.

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

My DIY Audio Projects:

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 21:13 

Hallo everybody,

I got done building the power supply's, nicely mirrored. I am really building two mono blocks in one enclosure. The power supply is tested and nothing blew up, cool. That looks like a lot of filter caps because it is a lot of filter caps. 33uF is all I could get with that high voltage rating, so I bought a whole bag of them. 3 of them are 100 uF. For the power supply, that is acceptable. Once I get the real ones I might exchange them, but only if I have to, that was a lot of work.

My DIY Audio Projects:

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 01:48 

Amplifier is finished, I could enjoy it for about 5 min before the power transformer blew up. I really had it for now.

My DIY Audio Projects:

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 04:11 

NOT GOOD! Where did that one came from? :worried:

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
―Lewis Carroll

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next