DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 19:09

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 10:18 
Editor

gofar99 wrote:
The 1N4007 rectifiers are OK, but I find that "faster" ones work better.

Something like the UF4007 will work well and these are also dirt cheap.
gofar99 wrote:
I don't have the specs here on the 78T12 tp know if it will handle that load.

78T12 is 3A and voltage drop is 3V.
billnchristy wrote:
How's this?

That looks good. That is what I meant about using the current draw on the program. Like Bruce mentioned, you will want some small bypass capacitors as well.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 11:00 

Damn, I guess I have to buy new iron after-all. :(

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 12:26 
Editor

How come? If the voltage is too high you can use a resistor or choke to get it to the value you want.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 12:31 

Well, my 275 is too high for the plate...that is just a little much to drop and it would require a new choke to use it because of the huge voltage swing.

I think I will just get a 180v edcor and keep the 275 for a higher voltage project.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2008, 21:20 
Project Author

billnchristy wrote:
Well, my 275 is too high for the plate...that is just a little much to drop and it would require a new choke to use it because of the huge voltage swing.

I think I will just get a 180v edcor and keep the 275 for a higher voltage project.

Your 275V transformer is not too big. I did a simulation on PSUD and this is how you can use your 275V transformer if the aikido load is 42ma as you specifiy on your PSUD simulation.

B+ will be around 245V (close enough to 250V) and ripple is 2uV which will be extremely quiet for a preamp PSU.

HTH.

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.