DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 31 May 2020, 17:32

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pete Millett PCB's
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2009, 11:34 

While I am not a fan of the "evilbay", I am a big fan of Pete Millet :mrgreen: and as such I thought I would post this. Pete has his latest P-P Amp PCB there for sale, plus a couple of headphone amp Boards. Check it out!

pmillett's Items for Sale on eBay

Pete's details of the P-P Amp are found here:

Engineer's Amplifier

Discussions are here:

DCPP Discussion on diyAudio.com

Enjoy,

Alan

Post subject: Re: Pete Millett PCB's
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 09:52 

Hello,

As of yesterday the Push Pull PCB has sold out. According to a post I read from Pete there are more boards on the way. One of the neat parts of this design is the use of "... cheap TV tubes (!)".

Alan

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 10:46 

The 6JN6 or 6JM6 can be found at http://www.radiodaze.com/. Five dolares each.

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
―Lewis Carroll

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 11:24 

Soundbrigade wrote:
The 6JN6 or 6JM6 can be found at http://www.radiodaze.com/. Five dolares each.

Radio Daze is so close to me I could walk there.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 12:08 
Editor

Wow, that was quick!

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 12:28 

Gio wrote:
Wow, that was quick!

Yeah, I was going to wait but I had a feeling so I ordered one on Friday Night. :thumbsup: I'm glad I did. Working on finding some tubes right now.

Alan

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 13:43 

:mrgreen: As soon as I saw the Engineers Amp I knew I wanted to build it. Ordered the board on Friday and it came today. I finally found the E-bay store Pacific TV and ordered 4 of the Compactron sockets. The ad said they had 7 left after my order. The tubes came from AES in only three days. Fastest ever on that. I just finished ordering all the passive parts from Mouser since Pete Millett listed all the part numbers from them. That was a huge help on his part. Entering all those numbers gave me carpal tunnel though! Next for the Edcor order. Is anyone working on building an amp with those Russian radar tubes? 6C33C tubes I think. That sounds interesting. Thanks, Robert P

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 19:18 
Editor

Great stuff guys. I'm looking forward to your builds and impressions of the amp.
rparsh wrote:
Is anyone working on building an amp with those Russian radar tubes? 6C33C tubes I think.
Check out this 6C33C tube amp thread for some schematics and there is one completed SE 6C33C.
Cheers

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2009, 07:43 

Gio wrote:
Great stuff guys. I'm looking forward to your builds and impressions of the amp.

Gio,

My build is going to be a slow one. I am going to get the 6T9 Amp working, finish my Phono Section and my Quickie. Then, and only then, will I begin the Millet amp.

Alan

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2009, 07:48 

booangler wrote:
As of yesterday the Push Pull PCB has sold out. According to a post I read from Pete there are more boards on the way. One of the neat parts of this design is the use of "... cheap TV tubes (!)".

The boards are available again.

Alan