DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 01:02

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 03:37 

Last year I built a 'prototype' stereo version of Bruce's KT77 Oddblock (see: http://www.diyaudioprojects.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5614). As after building many guitar amps I thought it was better to build a test version just to get a bit more familiar with HiFi tube designs before focussing on the looks. The 'prototype' has been running smoothly for a year, except for one small hick-up which was caused by a bad diode. Over the past half year I have been working on designing this final version bit by bit, whenever I had a spare hour here or there. The credits for the woodworking skills go to my dad. :up: The 'AnatA' brand is a brand name I use whenever I build something, it was my grandfathers brand he used when he built his own tube radios in the 30s and 40s. So there is a little family history to this amp.

The wood is mahogany, the chassis is made of 3mm thick anodized aluminum. Tung Sol KT66 power tubes and Russian 6H9C preamp tubes. The rest you can see in the pictures. The amp sounds incredible! Hope you guys like it. :headphones:

Thanks to Bruce for selflessly sharing his designs.

Images in full size: http://imgur.com/a/8AIJI

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 09:39 

Spectacular...very well done. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 18:01 
Project Author

Hi, Very nice build. I like wood on gear. Many of my personal things have it. The only issue I have with the stereo versions is weight. I made one a while back and it a beast to move around. That is something I do regularly to check out new ideas. A KT120 version would likely be in the 75 pound range. I prefer mono blocks so you can place them near the speakers. IMO 2 feet of speaker wire and 8 feet of shielded interconnects are less of a problem than 8 feet of speaker wire and two feet of interconnects. YMMV

Good listening
Bruce