DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 19 Apr 2021, 17:05

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Senior Musing
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2021, 21:17 
Project Author

More Musings: Other folks can chime in as well.

Why is payday the day after the bills are due?

Why is the weather bad on the days I want to jog and good on the days I don't? (I do it M-T-W and F-S)

Why did the price of gas go up when demand is down? (I thought this was a supply and demand system)

How come the CATV only fails at a critical part of a show?

Why does the phone rings when I'm using the bathroom?

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2021, 16:24 

I have to answer Bruce,

Because there is no such thing as a coincidence.
I tried over many years to convince myself its my imagination.
But it isn't.
I walked past a priest the other day cleaning his car (not a regular occurrence) and he said something about the weather, and then said I guess its just designed that way. I just smiled and thought you may have a point but designed by what?
If I didn't know better I think we were playing a game called fool for a lifetime.
Translates to fool for a day.

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2021, 06:52 

gofar99 wrote:
More Musings: Other folks can chime in as well.

Why is payday the day after the bills are due?

Why is the weather bad on the days I want to jog and good on the days I don't? (I do it M-T-W and F-S)

Why did the price of gas go up when demand is down? (I thought this was a supply and demand system)

How come the CATV only fails at a critical part of a show?

Why does the phone rings when I'm using the bathroom?

Good listening
Bruce

My wife opened a box and offered me a cherry in chocolate liquor, She just took off the cellophane wrapper. I looked at them, she said its OK they don't have any stones in them it says so here look.
So I looked as you do across the chocolates and picked one. Crunch nearly broke a tooth, she looked at me and said what ! I pulled a cherry stone out of my mouth. So I stuck a label on the box watch the stones. Everyone else tried one no stones! The whole box got eaten no other person found a stone. How did I pick the only one from about 30 in the box?

It got so bad in the past taking appliances back with faults from new, that I used to take the box to the check out then walk back to the shelf change it then pay for it. Wife said you are bringing it back arn't you before you buy it! Yes I said, she said anyone else would think you were paranoid, but I have to accept I find it hard to disagree. :D

Here is a strange thought just for fun thinking about the cherry stone.
Was I destined to bite into that cherry from the moment it had grown on the tree?
Or when it missed the stone removal?
Or when I picked it from the box?

For a coincidence to happen the exact situation has to play out for everything to happen at an exact moment.
Of course this could be random acts all coming together at a moment in time like chaos theory.
Or the curse of the cyclops knowing the exact moment he would die from the day he was born.
All just fun of course. :D but the laws of the universe seem to allow this to happen.
Like why is the speed of light a constant.

You could take it further and say well was I destined to bite into that cherry before the milky way existed.
But that would be crazy unless the future already existed. :)

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2021, 13:29 
Project Author

Hi, yes indeed.

Another musing...why does the toilet paper run out just when you need it the most?

Ever have your car run out of gas in sight of the gas station? I did and had to push it to the pump.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2021, 14:20 

Ever have your car run out of gas in sight of the gas station? I did and had to push it to the pump.

Not the same but:
I was driving a motorbike late at night and turned out into the country side.
The street lamps got further apart then there was none.
After some time riding there was no other traffic just fields in all directions.
The clouds came over and the moon vanished.
There was just the sound of the engine and my headlight lighting the road.
Then I got a weird feeling that there was someone sitting behind me.
I looked in the mirror and it was like it had been painted black no stars nothing.
I started to get spooked and couldn't bring myself to look in the mirror again in case I saw something.
As I drove on, fog started rolling into the road from the fields, it got thicker and thicker until I could only just make out the road in the headlight.
Then the engine started misfiring and starting and stopping.
The headlight was powered on this bike direct from a generator on the engine.
It flickered and died and the engine cut out, the bike rolled to a stop in total silence.
I kicked the bike over and over checked as best I could I had Gas I had a spark.
I looked about me and all I could see was darkness I could only just make out the outline of the bike and struggled in the darkness to find it if I stepped away from it.
It all felt a bit weird just emptiness all around I tried the bike once more, I kicked the bike over and it burst into life.
I turned back towards the street lamps and breathed a sigh of relief as the light cut through the fog.
I was so relieved.
I never found out why the bike stopped it never stopped again.
Strange but true. Imagination can be very strange. :cold:

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2021, 21:25 
Project Author

Hi, Yikes. Good material for unexplained mysteries. I would have turned back sooner.

Good listening
Bruce