DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 20 May 2018, 22:22

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 17:53 

New to the forum, I'm Charlie, live in Essex, near Baltimore, MD.
I have a bit of electronics background, I've repaired some tube gear before. It's been a few years and I want to get started again, get my old radios, receivers and turntables working again, and dust off some old dreams of building my own system: Phono preamps, monobloc amps, speakers, the whole thing! Also got ideas for a battery powered amp.
My skills are a bit rusty right now, but I think they should come back pretty fast once I get started.
Thanks!
Charlie

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2014, 21:36 
Project Author

Welcome to the forums. There are many folks that will be glad to assist with your projects.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2014, 05:44 
Project Author

S2debkr wrote:
New to the forum, I'm Charlie, live in Essex, near Baltimore, MD.
I have a bit of electronics background, I've repaired some tube gear before. It's been a few years and I want to get started again, get my old radios, receivers and turntables working again, and dust off some old dreams of building my own system: Phono preamps, monobloc amps, speakers, the whole thing! Also got ideas for a battery powered amp.
My skills are a bit rusty right now, but I think they should come back pretty fast once I get started.

Jump off the deep end and start swimming.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2014, 21:05 

Hello Charlie,

I too am a 'new member' to this forum. However...... I'm an 'old guy'......so being new to anything is a thrill for me. I'm about to post an 'intro' post.....so you can go find me if you so desire. But, being as I live across the river from you in Pasadena, I thought I'd just say howdy and perhaps offer up an invite to get better acquainted. I'm actually leaving town tomorrow...... off to Detroit then on to Chicago on Wednesday for a couple of days. I'll be back either Saturday or Sunday.....and should be 'free' for the next week or two. But, family stuff happening..... my son and his wife are 'expecting' my third grandchild and first grand-son! Big stuff! My Chicago trip is for new job training. At 62 I'm embarking on some new occupational adventures! Go figure. But, I'm hard pressed between Motorcycles, Fishing, Tube Amps, and my Family and Girlfriend as to what is my 'first love'......or perhaps I should say 'best love'. I can't imagine life without all of them! So...with that, I'll cut loose and just say it would be great to hear back from you! Best Wishes! Tom D.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2014, 22:28 
Project Author

Welcome to the club. 62 but semi-retired myself no new career for me. Tube anything is a passion but I swing both ways.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 15:46 

Hi, Charlie!
I live in Baltimore and I'll glad to meet You!

Projects: OTL 6AS7 Gen, Electric, SEs 2A3 RCA, 300B JJ, 6S4S, 4P1L, EL11 Telefunken, 6AS7 RCA, 6S33S, 6S41S, 6S19P, PP 6005 Gen. Ellectric , headphone ampl. OTL Loftin White 6AS7 RCA....SE E84L& E80CC Siemens&Tel-n.
http://azazello-sound.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 22:48 
Editor

I didn't know that. When did you move to Baltimore? I was just there in the fall to catch a Ravens game. Got to Washington DC as well. I really enjoyed Baltimore and I was really impressed with the MD transit system. That may seem weird but I work with linear infrastructure so that sorta stuff excites me.

I hope to come back soon to catch the Orioles play. It really seems like a great baseball City. Hopefully we can visit.

Cheers

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 23:20 

Hi, Gio!! I moved to Baltimore with my wife for permanent in August, close to my daughter - PHD in John Hopkins inst.
I hope You will visit me and listen my new amps!

Projects: OTL 6AS7 Gen, Electric, SEs 2A3 RCA, 300B JJ, 6S4S, 4P1L, EL11 Telefunken, 6AS7 RCA, 6S33S, 6S41S, 6S19P, PP 6005 Gen. Ellectric , headphone ampl. OTL Loftin White 6AS7 RCA....SE E84L& E80CC Siemens&Tel-n.
http://azazello-sound.blogspot.com/