DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 18 Oct 2018, 16:34

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vortex Operation?
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012, 17:12 

Question-How many Vacuum Tube Amps running simultaniously does it take to open up a vortex or worm hole to another galaxy? My room is "12 X "25 and I'm using full range speakers, :eek:

Post subject: Re: Vortex Operation?
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012, 17:27 

Hmmm...

What is the idea? Are you serious? :P

Maybe some SS amplifiers will do the work at low cost, because transformers will cost you $$$.

Is it cold in NC? Tubes are in advantage in this manner... LoL

Cheers,

Miguel

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012, 21:47 

blackriver wrote:
Question-How many Vacuum Tube Amps running simultaniously does it take to open up a vortex or worm hole to another galaxy? My room is "12 X "25 and I'm using full range speakers,

Well, if I remember correctly, you'll need about 100GW power source and a flux capacitor...... Oh, wait a minute, that was for time travel. So you might want to shoot for 100TW power source instead. This should help bridge the space-time continuum and open a wormhole. Just be careful, if you keep the wormhole open too long, it could rip a great big rift in the universe and everything would come to a crashing end. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll have enough room for the number of VT amplifiers required to get 100TW. :P

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. - Albert Einstien

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2012, 05:27 

OMG lmao!I was wondering if anybody was gonna run with that Les.Anyway the real my real question is,What is the correct way to run multiple amplifiers from a single source?
Attachment:
BH_08_3.jpg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2012, 19:35 

OMG! :eek: Bi-amping is one thing, but you've taken it to the next galaxy! It's a great question as I'm sure there are bound to be impedance concerns running that many amps from a single source. My best guess would be to use something along the line of a multiplex buffer. In truth, I don't have a real good answer for this. I've not heard of line buffer that can do that (doesn't mean they don't exist), so it might be something that you'll need to design and build.
>brainstorm< :idea:
Perhaps something along the lines of a first stage unity gain 12au7 feeding several cathode follower stage "channels". The 12au7 is a current driver, but wiring so that there is no loss or gain (unity) to just maintain what's fed from the source. Because it's a current driver, it should allow the signal to push in to several, say 12ax7, configed as cathode followers. Each cathode follower driving one of several line outs.

Who knows, you might be developing a new niche market for yourself.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. - Albert Einstien

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2012, 07:58 

I found this onhttp://www.bottlehead.com/site.Pretty impressive!If my little DIY Dual Mono Push Pulls sound good ,what does this thing sound like?Probably is Bi-Ampin tho isnt it.
David

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2012, 11:24 

Bi-amp'd to the next level. I can only believe that you'd be "blown away" with that configuration ;) Would be nice to know what all is going on in that system. That center rack, down low, has some extra equipment. Maybe a buffer or maybe some crossover gear. It'd be real interesting, for sure. :up: