DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 23 Oct 2019, 04:30

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2009, 19:48 

Greetings from Washington state!.. my name's Josh or Oak1780 :)

I'm new-ish to electronics in general especially anything involving more than 5Volts. But I like to think I'm a fairly bright, diy-y kinda guy.

I'll probably beg you experienced people for help, but If i learn anything I'll try to post what i learned on the forum, so you wont have to explain it again to another newbie :)

best wishes for 2009,

Oak1780

- See what doomed project I'm working on now at http://oak1780.livejournal.com/

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2009, 20:14 
Editor

Hi Josh, welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your site. I see you are thinking about using the 12AX7 tube for a preamp. There are a few builds using that tube on the forum, both with low and high voltage you may want to look at.
Cheers,
Gio

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2009, 20:34 

Josh,

Welcome, look around and post when and where you please.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Alan

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2009, 22:03 
Project Author

Hi Josh, Nice to see you here :)
Ri

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2009, 01:18 
Project Author

Hi Josh,
Welcome, are you located near Renton? There is a Fry's there and man that place is the Mecca of electronics.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2009, 04:47 

roggom wrote:
Welcome, are you located near Renton? There is a Fry's there and man that place is the Mecca of electronics.

well not SUPER near but close enough for a day trip, I live in Olympia.

if my budget recovers from Xmas I might hafta go take a look :)

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2009, 23:32 
Project Author

oak1780 wrote:
well not SUPER near but close enough for a day trip, I live in Olympia.

if my budget recovers from Xmas I might hafta go take a look :)

I am sure you can clean up on a couple of Pai Gow tables out there in no time! Just Kidding.

I do my Navy Reserve time at Bremerton each year, March will be my last one as I retire in April.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2009, 03:54 

well I've started work on a copy of the 12AU7 Tube / IRF612 MOSFET Hybrid Headphone Amplifier though it'll probably be a while as the universe seems to think i should never find any caps that i actually could use. still i made a cute little resistor flower out of the 100, 100k, and :eek: SONOFA! guess who grabbed 2 22k resistors instead of 2.2K :bawling: guess I'll be adding to more petals to it soon.. sigh guess i should be glad i dont have to rework the whole thing... anyway just sharing the first of what i'm sure will be many mistakes.

what i learned so far... always QUADRUPLE check your part values before reaching for the soldering iron!
Attachment:
Resistor block back.jpg
Attachment:
Resistor block top.jpg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.