DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 23 Aug 2019, 00:38

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2019, 10:16 

I thought this might be interesting to some people,

Its not a topic of discussion for me.
Its slow at first but stick with it and its quite interesting.
It reminds me of the Christmas lectures on science topics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNVQfWC_evg

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2019, 00:39 

Great video. One of my favourite topics of interest though no hope of understanding it. I appreciate how these guys are standing on the shoulders of those smart cookies before them such as Faraday and extending or re-writing the known physics. it's good they take the effort to explain it in layman terms.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 08:30 

Woodo wrote:
Great video. One of my favourite topics of interest though no hope of understanding it. I appreciate how these guys are standing on the shoulders of those smart cookies before them such as Faraday and extending or re-writing the known physics. it's good they take the effort to explain it in layman terms.

Its interesting to note that in years gone by black and white TV days Quatermass and the pit series (which I prefer to the films) the quote was "it can't be, mass into energy". They talked about it then but we thought Einstein's E=MC2 was to difficult to even contemplate.
But these days when you realise its just E=Energy, M=Mass and C2 is just the speed of light (Energy=Mass) its quite interesting.

If you like old B/white the series is on BBC Iplayer for the next month..the special effects are pants but I like the story.

Infinity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3_KqkI9Zo
Its not until I found out that you can have different infinities that it made me stop and think:
Quote: an infinity of sheep is not an infinity of cows.

The other thing that stopped me in my tracks was that "nothing is a paradox".
ie nothing in theoretical terms is (no-thing) no energy no dimensions no existence.

Here is another you might like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFS4oiVDeBI

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 06:09 

I like the idea that "nature's laws must be beautiful". Great video. I enjoyed the series Brian Cox recently did on the Universe shown on TV. The concept of infinity and imaginary numbers was too much for my brain to deal with at school. Didn't do any serious maths after that.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 07:54 

Woodo wrote:
I like the idea that "nature's laws must be beautiful". Great video. I enjoyed the series Brian Cox recently did on the Universe shown on TV. The concept of infinity and imaginary numbers was too much for my brain to deal with at school. Didn't do any serious maths after that.

Hi,

Yes the concept of infinity is a problem.
I spent some time thinking about it after watching a few videos.

This is the problem I have with it:
Does infinity exist at all?
Well from a purely physical point of view if you look at an onion cut in half, there are layers. At the end of the layers there must either be another layer or an infinity. If you look at the universe in the same way there has to be infinity or there would be another "layer". If that was a multiverse then that would either be infinity or the multiverse would be in an infinity.
If there was no infinity then what? the universe has to be somewhere and I don't see how something can exist within nothing.
Ie no-thing is a paradox no energy no dimensions no existence. So even 0 can't exist because its a quantity.
Its a bit of a PITA really :D
If the universe exists in nothing then in theory it doesn't exist.
In Zen quote: There is, only what there is, there is nothing more.
It takes time to "assimilate" the idea its very strange.

If you like strange things and familiar with the double slit experiment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ui9ovrQuKE

I guess you have come across entanglement if not then the previous link will make no sense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OefsPBDOcFE

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 04:23 

I have thought about the Quantum Eraser,

It just occurred to me that if the human brain is acting like the three detectors in the experiment.
If it was working like detector 1 is that premonition?
Or is it proving that premonition can happen?
:D in the experiment it looks like its millionths of a second apart but is the time restrictive taking into account the light travelling billions of years from a distant star. LMAO is a brain just a quantum detector and the universe acting like the internet with AI.
Anyway I thought the video was interesting.

Regards
M. Gregg