DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 17 Oct 2019, 09:28

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 63  Next
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2009, 17:09 

I have to agree with Luc, Montreal is a great city. We went to Montreal on a short vacation last summer and had a fantastic time.

Quote:
- Montreal has the best beer in the world

Sampled my fair share and can vouch for that statement.

Quote:
- Montreal has the most beautiful woman on the planet

Eehhh .... Did not sample the women, wife would not appreciate that, but I did look without getting caught and they definitely were very pleasing to the eye and ear.

I will add

- Great places to eat and sample the beer, not a single bad meal.

- Nice places to stay.and plenty of different things to do and see.

- Very friendly people.

- Clean and safe downtown. About three days into the trip it suddenly occured to me that I had not seen any police cars fly by with sirens and lights going, very few police officers in sight anywhere. We were in New YorK City last year and the police were everywhere in groups of at least two or three. Constant police cars racing one way or the other with sirens and lights on. I can only conclude that crime is very low in downtown Montreal.

We would definitely go back, maybe I will look into checking out the summer jazz festival on ste-Catherine street, I know I would enjoy the jazz festival. Maybe even venture to the audio show. It is only a short drive from our home in upstate New York .....

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 13:55 

Hello all. I joined the forums to look about for information on audio gear I work on as hobby. I am currently prepping to re-build a Golden Tube SE-40, using the mods developed by the gentleman over on that particular yahoo group.
Not much else to say. I will enjoy reading through other mods folks have accomplished as well as projects they have built.
Jeff

Post subject: Hello From San Francisco
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 14:13 

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself.

I am a DIY-oriented music lover with too many projects in line. Yikes. I'm happy to be part of the forum.

Yours, in desperate need of prioritization,

swizzleD

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 19:16 
Editor

Hi Jeff, Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your re-build.

Cheers,
Gio

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 19:18 
Editor

Hi swizzleD, good to have you hear. I'm looking forward to reading about some of your projects.

Cheers and enjoy your stay.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2009, 07:50 

Welcome from another Tulsan. Sounds like a nice unit.
Steven A.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2009, 18:44 
Project Author

Hey Jeff,
Glad to have you here.
Please post some pics for us if you want to start a topic on your rebuild.
Ri

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2009, 18:48 
Project Author

Ugh, isnt that the truth. Your mind gets ahead of your hands and your time and before you know it the shop is a mess and all the projects are started but none finished. Junk drawers full of "cool" capacitors and no project for them. I have a few dozen of the same potentiometer. What are we thinking!? Well, thats me but I find that a lot of us are the same.
Welcome to the club :)
Ri

Post subject: Yo.
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2009, 22:23 

First of all, for just that little bit of immaturity:
FIRST!!1ONE

Now that that is out of the way, hello. I joined this forum to see a picture. Then got a PM. Now I'm here and hope to offer some interesting questions. Or not... :worried:

Anyway, I probably won't post much; just lurk... under a bridge... bothering anyone who comes by... Does that make me sound like a troll?

Post subject: Re: Yo.
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2009, 07:42 

jspace wrote:
just lurk... under a bridge... bothering anyone who comes by... Does that make me sound like a troll?

A very scary troll.

I'll have to check the bridges more carefully when I am fishing.

Alan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 63  Next