DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 19 Oct 2019, 06:15

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: newbee Zimberlus
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2009, 17:28 

Welcome and where are you?

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2009, 18:07 

trinidad and tobago, west indies

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2009, 19:26 
Editor

Hi zimberlus, welcome to the forum. :headphones:

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2009, 11:05 
Project Author

Hey man,
Glad to see you here.
Ri

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2009, 11:11 

Zimberlus,

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to join in, we love project pictures.

Alan

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2009, 11:13 

Hi :)
My name is Luc (Luke) , My mother toungue is French, but I get my way in English if you pardon the odd errors of orthograph or phraseology / syntax :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am an industrial electronic tech since 30 years and in another life I was a professional musician, blues and jazz guitarist.

I have always built and designed my audio equipment and currently I do quite a bit of live recording using very high end recording equipment of which some are of my design/built. Mostly pre-amps and microphones.

Now I am getting into tube equipment and I like to say that I am firmly in the category of the "knows enough to be dangerous" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Right now it is an absolutely beautyfull day, blue skies forever, no wind and minus 22C ! :cold: :cold: In that cold, the jet planes passing by goes tzzzzzzzz instead of shhhhhhhhhh! There is realy a difference in the sound ;)
Luc

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2009, 11:32 
Project Author

Makes me wonder if you stuck your tube equipment outside the window and fed the wires in under it if there would be a difference in sound. Super cooled tubes! Then again tubes have heaters.. Maybe cooling is not a great idea.
Welcome to the forum, we sure are glad to have you here.

Ri

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2009, 11:56 

Welcome Blue_Luke,

We always like new members, especially if they have a sense of humor. Things to keep in mind here as we have our likes and dislikes. So I'll make a list:

We like:
Pictures of equipment, especially the insides!
New music to listen to. We even have a thread going here
Pictures
Uriah likes Audio Nirvana
Pictures
Gio likes Fostex
Pictures

What we dislike:
Not much
and people who won't post pictures.

Mostly we want you to be comfortable and enjoy the site.

Cheers,

Alan

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2009, 13:34 
Editor

Hi Luc, welcome to the forum. I live in Winnipeg, so you are not allowed to complain about the cold weather. :cold:

Cheers,
Gio

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2009, 15:49 

Not complainin' :? Just stating the fact!

I am the worst type of optimist, you know the one you want to hit because:
- At -22C there are no mosquitoes and black flies
- at -22C It never rains

-In summer you don't have to shovel snow
- Montreal has the best beer in the world
- Montreal has the most beautiful woman on the planet
I write this as I am drinking a "Blanche de Chambly" and reminisce of last summer's jazz festival on ste-Catherine street, but, you had to be there!

Luc

PS: message to all, let it be known that you are facing one proud Montrealer here! :king: Other places are OK too, I guess !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 63  Next