DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 14 Aug 2018, 08:46

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2016, 07:33 

Good Morning

I'm new to tube amps , not sure where to start but I think I found a good place to start.

My first question is if you had the opportunity to by a working H K 730 should I.

I have a couple of old radios to mess with a Polish Galaxie and a Westinghouse huge floor radio , they both sort work .

I live in Ottawa

cheers
Don

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2016, 07:14 

Hello from Rome, Italy
My name's Federico and after days of spectating diy being made on this and other forums, I decided to join since with the belief I've chosen the best board to improve and learn about audio and DIY in general. Even though my english is far way from being perfect I hope you guys can understand me well :)
Regards from the boot :D

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2016, 21:51 
Project Author

Hi, Welcome to the forums. It is a friendly place and we all have a good time. BTW your English is 100% better than my Italian. Even with a translator program I would either starve or get arrested. :eek:

Good listening
Bruce

Post subject: New member introductions
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2016, 22:07 

G'day from Noosa, Australia

I'm new to DIY Audio Projects and new to any DIY audio. I have a Denon 3808 receiver which I bought new in 2011 the HDMI board failed in 2014 and Denon no longer supplies spares for this. Since I have no used for multi channel audio I want to convert my Denon into a stereo amp and rid it completely of the Digital circuitry.

So I'm hoping to use this forum to get help in this task.

I'm 67years of age and cannot afford a new amplifier. So I have to try and modify the 3808 to become a stereo amp. The 3808 does not output any sound at present.

I have built and repaired PC's and Apple computers. Currently replacing all the caps on a G5 isight 20" motherboard.

Thank You and glad to be apart of your DIY Audio

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2016, 17:41 

Hi,

I've been building tube gear for the past few years off and on. I enjoy reading what everybody else is doing, so it's time I joined in the give and take here.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2016, 12:18 

:soapbox:

Hi!

I'm a musician & gear freak, newbie to making, but heaps of ideas. I study electrical engineering, and have found some great help through forum posts here already.

:beerchug:

Post subject: New Member Introduction
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2016, 13:14 

Hi everyone. I'm not exactly a novice, but definitely out of practice. Back in the day, I built many Heathkits, and have a few small projects from scratch. Occasionally, I tackle something new, and I'm never intimidated by the possibility of frying something.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2016, 15:17 
Project Author

Hi, Welcome to the forums. I still smoke a few parts. Perhaps not as many as in years gone by, but now with much larger audio power tubes and the necessary larger ancillary components it can get pretty spectacular.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016, 11:11 

Hello everyone! My name is Jim and and I'm a tube noob. I can solder and follow directions, so 'kit monkey' or 'tinker chimp' might be good nick-names for me. My only tube amp build is the S 5 16LS kit, but I'm ready to learn and build more. I live in Texas.

Jim

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2016, 17:37 

Hi to everyone.
I'm from Argentina and I´m new in this forum. I like to do diy proyects everytime I can.
best regards

Federico (Dr. Greenthumb Audio)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next