DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 21 Feb 2018, 04:31

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 62  Next
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2008, 17:39 
Editor

Hi Carlos,

Welcome to the forum. What sort of audio projects have you tried and what are your interests? We would love to read about them.

Cheers,
Gio

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 07:25 

Just found this place while searching for transformer upgrades for my Anthem Amp 1,,seems like a nice place with alot of experience/information. A couple of pics of the Anthem,,I've replaced the stock caps with Jenzen Oil caps, comments advice is appreciaed. Currently powering a pait of Tyler Acoustics 7U's,,I've got a pair of Polk Monitor &'s w/peerless tweeters that I going to try in place of the Tylers.

Edit; I'll have to resize the pic's as they are too large to upload.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 08:46 
Editor

Hi zoothorn,

Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to the photos. Photos need to be smaller than 250kB in size. If you continue to have problems, email them to the email noted in the banner at the top of the page an I will post them for you.

Cheers,
Gio

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 12:33 

Welcome Zoothorn,

Great punch of guys here. We love pics! Feel free to jump right in.

Alan

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 17:09 
Project Author

Hi Zoo!
Glad to see you here. We certainly do have a good share of knowledgeable/enthusiastic/supportive/helpful guys here. Glad to have another.
Uriah

Post subject: Hello from Slovenia
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008, 06:19 

Hello everyone!

My name is Igor and I come from Ljubljana, Slovenia.
I'm interested in DIY Hi-Fi for a long time but I never had enough courage to really do something. But now I'm going to end this. I'll try to make simple preamp and amp and then step by step I'll upgrade my knowledge to start building more complex projects.
I already bought USB sound card from eBay store AuidoTek and I'll start with modifying this first. I hope I won't blow anything.

That's all for now. I'll post my pics when I'll do something. :mrgreen: Also pics of blown things if I manage to to something like this. :xfingers:

Cheers from Ljubljana,
Igor

Post subject: Re: Hello from Slovenia
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008, 15:30 

Welcome Igor.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008, 16:53 
Editor

Hi Igor,

Welcome to the forum. What type of preamp were you thinking of trying (tube, solid state, chip)?

Cheers,
Gio

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2008, 02:51 

Well tbh, I don't know yet. First I'll try to get experience on my USB sound card and minor modyfing NAD 320BEE and then I'll try with preamp.
What is easier for novice?

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2008, 03:26 

I would also like to know if I would gained something if I buy/make phono amp? As now I have NAD 320BEE for my speakers and earspeakers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 62  Next