DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 09 Dec 2018, 22:21

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 619 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62  Next
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2008, 21:55 

Ok I will post pic's when I start getting some parts, I need to get a few paychecks under my belt first, been unemployed for a few months don't help the hobby fund.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 23:35 
Project Author

Find some stuff you would normally let sit about and ebay it :) Tada!! Hobby funds!
I once saw a Dunkin Donuts cup sell on ebay for over 1,000 dollars. I think something else was being traded.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 23:43 
Project Author

When I built my first DIY project, way way way back in um May I was considering building your build Gio. I was starstruck by the number of posts by Planet10 and had to go with one of his. Now the veneer is bubbling up because of the humidity. Have been wondering if I should turn them into the regular Fonkens. Dont know. But its a ways off either way.

Post subject: Re: Hi from NY
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 23:45 
Project Author

So how did the cables come out? Are you still considering doing the speakers? If you take your measurements to Home Depot they will cut it all for you :) Could build your own and save some bucks.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008, 11:47 
Editor

Yeah, that white powder in the cup probably wasn't coffee whitener!

Post subject: Re: Hi from NY
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 12:06 

Hello Riguy, work has got real busy and I have not had any free time. The cables are still on my list of things to do. Speakers will have to wait for the time being.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2008, 20:35 
Project Author

Just wanted to drop a quick intro, I have been into DIY audio for about a year now. I found myself at a thrift and picked up a vintage receiver that had a lost channel. I opened it up and was amazed at how simple the design was. All discrete components that I could pick up at a local electronics parts store. After that I stated to buy more and fixing more, until I caught the headphone bug. Tube amps for $1000 US. No way not when I have my totally cool repair man skills (17 years biomedical instrumentation). Now I look at junked electronics a different way. More like "what can I build with that?"

Well nice to meet you all, I look forward to learning more theory to go along with the builds, and trying new and cool designs.

Rogers

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2008, 22:26 
Project Author

Welcome Rogers! We also look forward to seeing some of your builds and the result of whatever theory/theories you do learn.
Just a little aside.. My mother lives in Longmont and every 5 years we have 2 different family reunions in CO up at the big YMCA camp in the Rockies. I like Denver, its really a pretty city as far as cities go. Nice brew pub down near the Amtrak station where I used to pick up a growler when the train would stop there for 15 minutes.
Anyway, welcome and we are glad you are here.
Ri

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2008, 09:06 
Editor

Hi Rogers and welcome to the forum!
Cheers,
Gio

Post subject: Hallo from Unpeeled (UK)
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2008, 12:16 

Evening All,

I am a complete novice, without wit or kit for even the most basic projects, but I'm hoping to learn.

So... I'd appreciate idiot-proof, pre-beginner style advice on what's needed for this project;

I live in an old wooden frame cottage, the wall adjoining my neighbours cottage is quarter inch plasterboard mounted on wooden joists, that fluffy cavity insulation stuff fills the (4-5") gap between the plasterboard sheets.

In the UK it is quite legal to covertly listen to a conversation (illegal to record it) and as we are in a bidding war with these neighbours for a nearby property it would be very useful to be able to eavesdrop on the odd conversation.

I've already tried a couple of those (useless) Ebay 'hear through walls' gadgets, maybe there's a way of boosting their power? Otherwise, all advice and suggestions for putting some sort of device together will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Shane
@ Unpeeled (http://www.unpeeled.net)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 619 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62  Next