DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 17 Nov 2019, 01:07

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from Kansas
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008, 18:25 

Hello everyone, I found this site while searching for some Magnavox info last night and joined up. It looks like you have a very good group here, and I'd like to thank you all for having me. I've been in the DIY Audio hobby for about 3 years now, focusing mainly on tube gear. I look forward to reading everyones posts and learning more about tubes. Take Care, Jay

Post subject: Re: Hello from Kansas
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008, 18:46 
Project Author

Jay,
Great to see you here. With three years tube experience I am sure you will fit in perfectly having great help for us beginners and getting advanced help from guys like Bruce Heran and a few other guys I would term as experts.
Thanks for coming around. We hope you stay and enjoy the forums. If you have past projects to brag about we love descriptions, schematics, pictures pictures pictures, reviews, and project write ups to post on the site.
Best regards,
Ri

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008, 20:24 
Editor

Hi Jay, welcome to the forum.

We would love to see photos of some of your projects.

Cheers,
Gio

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008, 22:35 

Welcome Jay good to see you here. :up:

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2008, 16:49 

I will definitely post some pics as soon as I figure out how. It seems I'm better with 60 year old technology. I just finished a direct coupled 2A3 based on the Loftin White circuit. It's been up and running for nearly a week, and is my favorite so far. I rolled in some Hewlett Packard branded Amperex 6DJ8s last night, and it really came alive. The sound-stage seemed to double in size, and it felt very much like the lovely Diana Krall was singing in my basement shop. :sing: I've really enjoyed the reading I've been doing here the last few days. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge conveyed by some really neat people. Thanks again for having me, Jay

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2008, 17:11 

jaymanaa wrote:
... and it felt very much like the lovely Diana Krall was singing in my basement shop.

Jay,

I couldn't be more jealous. I was introduced to her Music in December of 2000, and have been captured by her voice, talent and beauty ever since.

Welcome.

Alan

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2008, 21:29 
Editor

I've been wanting to try a 2A3 build for some time now. Can't wait to see more of yours.

Cheers

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 17:08 

Hi fellas, Hey could someone give me a heads up on how to post some pics? I have Picasa on my computor (and Vista). Thanks, Jay

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 17:20 

jay just below the submit button there is a filename blank with a browse botton if you click that and go to your pictures file and click on the file name that will put it on here, I think you can do up to something like 5 pic's at a time.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 18:40 

I tried that one Steve, but can't seem to get the picture small enough. Here's an awkward way of doing it http://www.sendspace.com/file/r02tgy Just click the download link at the bottom. This is my most recent effort, a Loftin White "style" direct coupled 2A3 job.