DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 16 Jun 2019, 06:48

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2019, 21:12 
Project Author

Hi Everyone, I posted this on another site as well. One that indicated I had nothing to fear. I have long be wary of keeping music (or photos etc) in the cloud so it is not a surprise that apparently some has been lost. I hope it hasn't happened to you, but I just don't trust cloud based storage. Check out the link below.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/18/us/myspa ... index.html

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 06:07 

Thats why important information should be sotred on back up drives either a internal one or external one in good condition and is brand new drive.
I still have data from 9 -10 years ago cause I get in the habit of backing up

PostPosted: 14 May 2019, 22:55 
Project Author

I have a portable Pi system and a main Pi system. Both have their own HDs. One backs the other.

I have 1.2TB of files here so back up is almost an over night job. Also all my iTunes download are on my laptop. Not all my music is here but most of what I have purchased and listen to.

PostPosted: 23 May 2019, 19:18 

Few days ago my raid 0 system for a home pc had a drive error, stil accessable gotten 600gb of data out. But keeps crashing
Replaced 1 out of 8drives and got going again.
Then did 3 days of hdd reg to get the drives going smooth again though no badd sectors exist or repaired.

still have data from 9 years ago casue always backed up on external drive zero losses out of 6+tb of data I have

PostPosted: 23 May 2019, 21:45 
Project Author

Hi, I considered using a raid system but decided that frequent back ups were fine for me. So approximately once a week I do a full clone of the main drive. Most data (photos, music, designs etc) are on separate external and not connected drives. Some data is stored on CDs and DVDs. I only keep in the PC what I need at the present time. With a bunch of drives going back to the original configuration of the PC ( in this case about 18 months) rotating them so that I can never lose more than a minimum of data on the active drive it works for me. With drives so cheap now you can do this. BTW the main PC is an Alienware I7 / 16GB / Nvidia video / running an Intel SSD.

Good listening
Bruce