DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 11:40

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016, 19:46 
Editor

Hi Osscar - welcome to the forum and I glad to hear you have made good use of the site. Enjoy your builds - you have some real nice amps.

Cheers

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 14:45 

Hello
My name is Zach I'm 19 and studying electrical engineering. I Found this site when I was looking for a preamp design to build for my record player, I ended up building the 4s universal preamp in my dorm room. That was my my first full diy electronics project and it got me hooked on tubes. I'm currently working on a building a SE KT88/6550 amp. I eventually want to be able to design my own vacuum tube circuits. I've slowly been learning about how tubes and tube circuits work from reading this forum, and figured I should introduce myself.

-Zach

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 07:35 

hi, i'm Daniel. I live in Holland and have started building my own tube amps. It's fun!
I hope to find some good advices ant tips on this forum and maybe even I can be of help at some point.
cheers!

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2016, 11:25 

Hello all,

Tristan here. I'm making the jump from guitar amps to HiFi. I've built 3 (or 4, if you include a rebuild) high gain circuits so far (point to point and turrets), all single ended at ~1W, 5W and 15W.

This year's projects are:

- Pete Millett's DCPP power amp (stock PCB)
- a preamp (to be designed), and
- an 18W PP, 2-channel (high gain & clean) guitar amp

Looking to get help with the preamp build as I've seen some really useful threads here.

Tristan

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2017, 08:49 
Editor

Hi Tristan and Daniel. Welcome to the forum.

Regards,
Gio

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2017, 14:19 

Hey out there in speaker land.. I'm Paul J from Galena Ohio.. Hope you all can help me out with some upcoming projects..Thanks

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017, 15:28 

Hello there from Calgary, Canada !

Always been interested in music (playing the saxophone) and audio in general, I've decided to use the little knowledge I have in electronics & woodworking to build my own HiFi system... Can't wait to explore this forum !

Ben

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017, 19:36 
Editor

Hi Ben. Welcome to the forum. Feel free to jump right in. We are Canuck friendly here.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 22:39 

Hi everyone,

My name is KO and I'm from Adelaide, Australia. Mid-30s, am employed in IT/ScientificEquipment, and have been many things in my past.

I'm really keen to build my own amplifier, primarily for drivings speakers from a Raspberry Pi, and have lots of plans for projects. I look forward to reading and posting here.

Cheers,
KO

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 09:20 

Hi from France!

I am a long-term hifi fan and have 'lurking' here for a while. This is great resource and community.

My elderly amplifier finally gave up the ghost last year and I would like to build a tube amp to replace the replacement. (Not a happy story!)

Repairability and longevity is what I am looking for. I'll be bothering those who've 'been there and done that' shortly. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next