DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 03:59

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: amp for subs
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2014, 08:59 

ok I need a power amp for some subs I made they have 2 10" drivers in each one there are 2 of them the drivers are 6 ohms each but measure 5.2 so in series thats 10 oms or in parelel 2.5 ohms.I think the 2 ohms would be better suited since there are amps that will do that load.

I have been looking at the berhinger line of amps,the Inukes .I like the features of the built in crossovers,that way I can also run the satelites with the amps also.these Are the 2 I have narrowed it down to
http://www.behringer.com/assets/NU60...00DSP_M_EN.pdf I think the nu1000dsp would be enough power but i could go to the 3000,the qsc amps look good too can I get some advice .

Post subject: Re: amp for subs
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2014, 13:22 

did I post this in the correct section.I thought there would have been a couple repies by now.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 08:49 
Editor

The behringer products are OK. Pro audio Amps and they work well to drive the low end of a multi amp system.

Cheers

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2014, 20:07 

QSC amps are great for the money too. I had some a few years ago and loved them.

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 07:29 

I would choose class D, 85% efficient and more than enough bandwith for a subwoofer.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 08:45 

Crown Amps get a lot of love for subs on the Horn Shoppe Forum and the Transcendent Sound Forum. Many times you can find used crown amps at music stores.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 17:52 
Project Author

I use a pair of amps for subs from Parts Express. There are several designed to be built into the enclosure. Pick you size and features. I have very efficient (7 cubic foot) subs and each is driven by a 100 watt amp that has crossover select, gain and important to me 0-180 degree continuous phase adjust. The typical 0 or 180 degree settings do not work with my system.

Good listening
Bruce