DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 25 May 2020, 01:18

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2014, 21:32 
Project Author

Hi Everyone, The LSAF is coming up soon (May 2-4) and as in the past is a really neat event. It is a very friendly fest with none of the high power and glitz that many shows have. Lot's of diyers and a number of us that do both diy and commercial. Sales pitches are not the emphais, just good listening and fun times getting together. The usual Point guy AKA Ringleader found himself for the first time ever unable to attend. He needed a substitute ....so here I am. Regardless it ought to be a great event and fun both to exhibit or just visit and look around. I will be posting details on the event in a day or so but if you want an early look go to the audioroundtable.com forum and look under LSAF 2014.

We (Oddwatt Audio) will be there in force. In addition to myself and Rodney will will have our main "beta" tester and also dealer from Michigan Dan. Lots of new gear and some cool stuff to play and demo. We all look forward to having a great time and hope you can visit.

Good listening
Bruce

Post subject: Re: Lone Star Audio Fest
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2014, 22:37 
Project Author

Hi Everyone, I'm waiting on an updated info sheet from the Hotel. The first one had a bad link on it. It looks like right now that 45 exhibitors are signed up already.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 02:15 
Project Author

Sounds good Bruce hope it is a big success. Melbourne is hosting the Audio Show again. It was only meant to be here every two years but due to demand and its great success it's on again in October. I have been to the last two here. Of course I start with a meal at the hotel (fine dinning) and a bottle of red. Hey you have to fuel-up first.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 17:43 
Project Author

Hi Everyone, Here is the link to the LSAF

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/g ... .mc_id=POG

If for some reason you can't access it let me know.

Here is a link to the LSAF descriptions and thread on the audioroundtable.com forum.

http://audioroundtable.com/forum/index. ... 4&start=0&

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2014, 17:42 
Project Author

Hi, Just an update. It seems like 45 exhibitors are signed up at present. The deadline is April 17 to get the special rates. So if you are interested time is running out. It's a great event and a good place to show off your stuff and if you have commercial items a good place to sell them as well.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 10 May 2014, 21:25 
Project Author

Hi Everyone, Not as many walk ins as in the past, but many good questions and lots of cool things to listen to. My reel to reel recorder surprised many of them as they could not believe it sounded so good. When you recall that a vast amount of the master copies of recordings were (and many still are) made on tape machines it should not have been a surprise to anyone. Yes digital is often now used, but I would guess for every digital master made now there have been 10 analog ones in the past. The vinyl was a hit as well. I'll try to post a photo of our set up when I get them from my partner.

Good listening
Bruce