DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 13:57

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2010, 12:34 
Project Author

11AM. Let me or Fred know if you need an address.
Uriah

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 14:33 

Directions to the March 6th Houston DIY meet:

The subdivision is off of Eldridge Parkway in Northwest Houston
Coming from I-10, go North about 4.5 miles on Eldridge Pkwy.
Coming from 290 go South about 4.5 miles on Eldridge Pkwy.
The entrance street is Lakes On Eldridge Blvd.
It's the only light between Clay Rd and Tanner Rd.
The Subdivision is gated/guarded.
I'll notify the security guard to admit you when you tell him/her
you're coming to Fred Thompson's house.
After you drive through the gate, TURN LEFT EVERY TIME YOU COME TO A
STOP SIGN:
Left on Lake Shore Ridge
Left on Lake Center Run
Left on Summer Falls
Left on Emerald Brook
After you have turned left onto Emerald Brook you will be facing
my house, which is a red brick two story at the bend in the
road. Look for a gray Ford Ranger truck parked in front.
The address is 12110 Medina Bend Lane.

If you get lost telephone 713-466-9631 and a rescue party will be
dispatched.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 15:41 
Project Author

SY from DIYaudio was wondering if anyone is bringing amp with >100k input impedance.
Uriah

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 18:24 

RiGuy wrote:
SY from DIYaudio was wondering if anyone is bringing amp with >100k input impedance.

I have an EL-34 amp with 100K input impedance and a D-Sonic Class D Icepower amp whose input buffer is 100K plus. So SY is covered on the light side and the dark side.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2010, 22:19 

I haven't been able to attend a DIY meet in a long time, because I always had to work on the weekends. I live in Austin, and am looking forward to visiting Fred's beautiful home, been there once before for an old Lonestar Bottlehead meet years ago. I'm bring my bread boarded DIY one tube (6N6P) parafeed preamp. Afraid it's gotten out of hand, it tips the scales at 24Lbs! :shock: Very ugly too, hopefully sounds better than it looks! Looking forward to meeting some DIYers, and reconnecting with a few others. :D

twystd

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 08:30 
Project Author

We love ugly amps and we tolerate ugly preamps so will be good to give that monster a listen!

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 11:17 

Here's the plan. We're expecting people to be here about eleven am, but if you're coming from out of town and can't time your trip exactly feel free to show up anytime after nine am. As far I know, Tom is coming for Lafayette, La, and Twystd will come from Austin if he can. Uriah will be here from Houston.

I plan to get pizza about 12:30, so if you're coming from out of town you don't need to stop for lunch on the way. I already have a case of Shiner left over from a party two weeks ago, and will also have soft drinks and bottled water, so the food and drinks are covered, and they're free.

The speakers we'll start with upstairs and down will be 16 ohm impedance, 95dB sensitivity, so don't be shy about bringing flea power tube amps. If you're bringing a component whose connectors won't accept an RCA interconnect or a speaker cable with bananna plugs, please bring wires that it will accept.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 11:48 
Project Author

Javier, Stuart and Luther as well. I think possibly two others but I guess we will see on Saturday.
Uriah

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 10:12 

Uriah, if you're bringing your AN12's, could you bring them by on Thursday or Friday? I'm using a dbx DriveRack PA+ DSP in my main system and could analyze them and save a speaker/room correction setting for them. I've done the same for my Tang Band 1772 MLTL, and can compare them using the internal filter or the external processor (I believe the external processor sounds much better, but let your own ears decide). http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... er=246-171

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 10:38 
Project Author

Sure thing Fred. Any day is fine for me but they are my only speakers right now. Let me know whats best for you.
Uriah

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next