DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 14 Dec 2018, 22:36

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 20:44 

I will review the ERSE Pulse X caps today, I have them used in my crossover for 15inch speaker with duall 95db tweeters in parallel at 4 ohms crossing over at 5k to match the 101 db of 15 inch and cut of at 5k.
I have also used them in my high end self designed transistor pre and hybrid tube pre.

First I will start of with the pre, I changed from a 0.1uF input cap ECWFE to 0.18uF Pulse X
and 3.3uF ECWFE to 1.6uF ouput pulse x.
Without any burn in I instantly heard the sound improvements of Pulse X, Pulse X has better clarity, the music is more clean, clear and real.
Pulse X has is own tang/taste however this is only a very small twist to the sound and is a pleasant addition to the sound. Not excatly as described leaves your music uncoloured, but very close to it.
ECWFE has a larger tang to its sound, but still close to being lossless. I can't precisely describe with words on how the singutare taste of ECWFE and Pulse X are.
With the transistor pre, you can clearly hear very lossless music, you can hear more of the pulse x taste. With the hybrid tube pre there are much more tube taste, the pulse x taste is nearly unnoticeable due to tube taste.

When used in cross over for tweets, pluse x 8.2uF 250v showed a very large improvement compared to a 3.3uf+4.7uF parallel. There was a bit of fine gold taste to my vocals and mid highs, pulse x had a much more pleasant and organic feel, while greatly boosing clarity. However you can still hear the signutaure tang from the pulse x cap, this is only a small twist but a pleasant one.

The pusle X had showed very hifi sound and is realtivly low cost, it is very high clarity and sound clean and clear, it comes along with a little bit of good soudning cap taste.
It is only 1.3-1.5USD per cap, while allot other high end brands have their entry hifi levels at like 5usd+ per cap.
It is a very good cap and the price is resonable, I recomend it.
I brought the caps on the offcial ERSE online shop.

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2017, 16:49 

Heres some extra info on things you guys may want to know. My pre amps are all directly couppled and uses dc feedback, only caps are on input and ouput.
Some pre amps have cap couppled gain stages not direct, I'd say using audio caps in these places may have more noticible effect on sound quality improvements and expience.

You can be sure that I am having a good listen at cap distortion on from input and output caps