DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Bruce Heran outlines the details and construction of his simple DIY 6DJ8 (ECC88) Tube Hi-Fi Headphone Amplifier Project.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 05:26

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2010, 08:28 

Just finished my first build, the k-12g tube amplifier kit. Sounds great and is all stock. I would like to mount it in a wood case with metal top. where or how does one extend volume knobs and rca plugs. this is a great site and I have learned a lot from it.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2010, 12:00 
Project Author

Pot shaft extensions can be found here: http://www.radiodaze.com/potentiometers.htm

However, the best way to do it is to de-solder the parts from the circuit board and run wires to the potentiometer and RCA jacks mounted on the chassis. Here are some nice RCA jacks Antique Electronic Supply. And you can get pots from any number of sources.

Have Fun. :D

Cascade Tubes Blog

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010, 01:11 

Here is another source for the shaft and the coupler for the shaft (from RS components) :

Extension shaft : Delrin rod,white,6mm diameter, 1m long.
RS part # : 770-276

Shaft coupler :Roxburgh 6.35mm spindle
RS part # : 509-793

Some of my diy audio projects:

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010, 15:16 
Project Author

Hi, I would like to add that if you relocate the pots, and the case is not metalic, you will probably need to place a metal shield in front of them. It can be inside the case but needs to connect to the chassis ground. If you don't there is a great likelihood that you will pick up hum every time you try to adjust the volume. Me, I would go for the extenders. 8Audio on the web (China) also has the extenders.

Good listening
Bruce