DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 11:02

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 18:00 

Hi I am moding a preamp with an active crossover, tone control, etc and i need two separate parametric eqs for the midrange and bass frequencies as you can see with the file attached i have designed one but do not have the original values so if you can help it would be highly appreciated thanks

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 21:55 
Project Author

Glad to see you here.
Wish I could help more but I think you will find your answers and more in a book called "The Audiophile's Project Sourcebook" by G. Randy Slone. Your specific question is answered in there but I have no way to get this to you. No scanner and that would be in violation of some copyright anyway I am sure. The book is on Amazon and I found mine a bit cheaper on Ebay.
Ri

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 23:04 
Editor

Hi Ri, what pages? You can often get 3 or 4 pages off of Google Books.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2008, 08:22 
Project Author

Pages 93-95 with 94 containing the schematic. .
Normally you would be able to find the version of this book on the first page or so. No mention of the version although I know this is a version that is dated earlier than the latest version out there right now. This book contains 361 numbered pages so that should help. The ISBN is 0-07-137929-0
Here is the Amazon.com link
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... childnet0c
I have not tried this feature yet, but it seems that you can buy a digital version of the book from Amazon here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new
This might be a straight up download but it also might be an option they have that works like this: Once you buy a book you can "upgrade" for 2.99 which means you can download it immediately. Not sure which this is.
Its a good book and worth it either way.
Ri

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2008, 17:08 
Editor

Try this link to Google Books:

http://books.google.com/books?id=fvqgG8mpn7YC&pg=PA93

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2008, 18:30 
Project Author

Thanks Gio. Thats the pages I was talking about. That should get you going.
Ri