DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 03:12

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 05:36 

Can anyone point me to a 100x probe that would work with this so I could measure HV tube PS ripple? I can't find any USB scopes that can measure tube PS's.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 11:10 

regal wrote:
Can anyone point me to a 100x probe that would work with this so I could measure HV tube PS ripple? I can't find any USB scopes that can measure tube PS's.
Regal,

Just a probe? I have seen them for sale at Jameco, MCM, Mouser, and a whole lot more. I hope this helps.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 12:09 

basically any cheap BNC connector probe will work with it like these:http://www.bitscope.net/store/?p=view&i=item+2

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2010, 17:45 

Hello people... first post here.. been lurking a while.. i'll introduce myself better in another post...
anyway.. i've found this little scope:
http://www.picotech.com/powerful-usb-oscilloscopes.html

check out the specs page...
Quote:
Features include:
Capture modes - oscilloscope, spectrum and persistence modes
Channel maths - calculate the sum, dfference, product, inverse or create your own custom function using standard arithmetic, exponential and trigonometric functions
Automated measurements
Scope mode: AC RMS, cycle time, DC average, duty cycle, falling rate, fall time, frequency, high pulse width, low pulse width, maximum, minimum, peak-to-peak, rise time and rising rate
Spectrum mode: frequency at peak, amplitude at peak, total power, total harmonic distortion (THD), total harmonic distortion plus noise (THD+N), spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR), signal+noise+distortion to signal+noise ratio (SINAD), signal to noise ratio (SNR) and intermodulation distortion (IMD)
Export data formats - Comma separated values (CSV), tab delimited (TXT), windows bitmap (BMP), graphics interchange format (GIF), portable network graphics (PNG), MATLAB 4 format (MAT)

what do you think?

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2010, 20:35 
Project Author

That scope is not what you need for fine inspection of noise on a power supply. If you get some ringing you may not be able to notice it. The good thing about that scope if the vertical resolution can be 12bit. You wont find that in any other USB scope, however if they are very fast and oversample many times.. 8bit can be improved to higher resolution. Go with that Chinese DSO-2150 or higher. The price is much better than what you are looking at and it is easy to use as well as better than the Picoscope in most ways.
Uriah

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2010, 08:49 

thanks!

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2010, 12:01 
Editor

I'll second Uriah's comments. The DSO2150 is a better choice over the picotech.

I have actually upgraded to a standalone Rigol DSO scope that does not need a computer. I'll post info on this unit in a separate thread soon.

Cheers

PostPosted: 25 May 2011, 09:00 

Gio wrote:
I'll second Uriah's comments. The DSO2150 is a better choice over the picotech.

agreed. the dso2150 is way better

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 21:09 

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/product-reviews-photos-and-discussion/hantek-dso-5200a-debugging/
what I saw in the eevblog.
I am not interested in USB oscilloscope
Because the USB oscilloscope need send the waveform information to computer by USB cable or others interface.It's a waste of time.So, the refresh rate is what worries me most.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 11:21 

I'll stick with my regular ol' analog o-scope (Techtronix 2213). I don't have alot of faith for those USB type PC o-scopes. Not only is there interface lag, but Windows inherently has system (OS) lags which could affect sampling rates. And stand alone DSOs with spectrum analyzer functions, while being a nice tool to have, are freaking expensive even for used ones. I'm not willing to part with that kind of cash at this point.

:beerchug: Cheers y'all!

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. - Albert Einstien

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next