DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 13 Nov 2018, 16:10

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bruce's Hi-Fi Audio Room
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2013, 16:11 
Project Author

Hi All, I figured it was a good time to show what I'm using today (it changes so often). In the photos... Martin Logan Vista electrostatics and the pair of original Oddblocks (from 2008 project) updated running KT120s. In the back ground a pair of BOSE 301s (yes I know, but they work well on the flat screen that is behind the black sound drape). In the other photo (top to bottom) a Sota Moonbeam turntable with Origin Live arm and Benz Micro MC Gold, then my re-plinthed Dual 701 with another Origin Live arm and an AT 33PTG/II (a truly superior LOMC), next an Oppo 83SE, then a remote control Forewatt and a Groove phono preamp, on the bottom is a Triplite power filter and one of the first dual mono designed Poddwatts. Not seen, used as a coffee table are a pair of Martin Logan powered subs (they do the sub 40 HZ chores).
Attachment:
Main System June 2013.jpg

Attachment:
Speakers June 2013.jpg

Gobs of stuff around the house not in use this week.

PS - for details of my audio room see this blog post on the construction of my New Listening Room.

Good listening
Bruce

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2013, 13:57 
Project Author

Bruce: nice setup.

I spent a day listening to Intermezzo. You really have to pick you music carefully when listening to this amp. After saying that I played classical music on the above system for nearly four hours and was impressed the presences of the whole system. The big Fostex boxes have a lot to do with it. I'm enjoying their ability to provide a tightly focused soundstage and transparent instrument sound. Though only 0.5Ws from the UX-171A tubes they really are pure in tone.

Last listen today then back to my 300B system with my new 2-ways and 12" subbies.

PostPosted: 08 May 2014, 20:07 
Project Author

A cool idea to have the rooms here. The photos are older and as soon as I can get new ones I'll make an update. Much has changed in a year.

Good listening
Bruce

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 22:14 
Project Author

New Photos...
The PC in the photos is used to set up the system and is not usually connected to it. I find that it tends to raise the noise floor a bit and I hate noise of any sort. I can use it to check the setup on the phonos with a Hi-Fi test disk. I can copy vinyl to it at 24/192 and if desired send the files back to the Akai reel to reel recorder.

Good listening
Bruce

Attachment:
Stereo1a.jpg
Attachment:
Stereo2a.jpg
Attachment:
Stereo3a.jpg
Attachment:
Stereo4a.jpg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 04:27 
Project Author

Some one has three TTs.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 11:36 
Project Author

Actually 4. The custom Dual 701, a Sota, Pro-ject and a Phillips 212.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 17:48 
Project Author

gofar99 wrote:
Actually 4. The custom Dual 701, a Sota, Pro-ject and a Phillips 212.

Show-off, lol. I shouldn't talk I have three, two in use and one on storage.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 21:25 

Very nice.. CLASSIC look, love the wood grain on the tube amps..

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2016, 11:42 

Years ago,

I had a listen to a Space deck I thought it was better than the LInn sondek but CD was making its debut so I never had one.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=space ... 4x_jQCM%3A

Pink Triangle were quite good as well. Never had chance to have a serious listen to michell gyro.
The ring mat was a buzz word at the time.. :D

Regards
M. Gregg

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2016, 13:12 
Project Author

Hi, I'm glad you reminded me of this thread. I still have all the stuff in the photos but moved some to a second system. The amps and wood chassis preamp are in number two now. Also there are now 5 turntables. An Empire 598 joined the fray as well as a Nakamichi cassette recorder (my HK391 died). The present amps are a pair of the KT120 mono blocks, the preamp is a digitally controlled Groove plus Forewatt, there is an additional Groove (under the Dual TT), an OPPO blue ray player, the Akai R-R, Nakamichi, and lots of other small bits. Off to the sides are the wood diffusers. One of the most cost effective things I have ever done to the system.

Good listening
Bruce
Attachment:
Room 6-2016.jpg
Attachment:
System 6-2016.jpg
Attachment:
Dual 6-2016.jpg
Attachment:
Empire 6-2016.jpg