DIY Audio Projects Forum
 NEW  Matt presents bias and operation data for the 6V6 tube in SE operation - 6V6 Single-Ended (SE) Ultra Linear (UL) Bias Optimization.

DIY Audio Projects Forum

Welcome to the DIY Audio Projects Message Forum. Use these forums to discuss Hi-Fi audio and to share your DIY Audio Projects. Registration is free and required to post messages and view the file attachments. Registration will only take a minute and registered users do not see any advertisements. After you have completed the online registration process, check your email (including spam/junk folder) for the verification email to activate your account. New members are under moderation - so your posts will not be visible until approved by a moderator. See the Read Me 1st, Forum RULES and Forum FAQ to get started on the forum.

It is currently 19 Apr 2018, 22:11

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2014, 01:59 
Project Author

I have a new and very exciting headphone (HP) amp from Oatley the K311B. But it hates my blues tooth connection. So I had to go back to old faithful my preamp\HP driver. It is based on s single 2N3055 in emitter follower config. The PS is extreme and dead quiet. BUT it does not drive my Beyerdynamic DT 700 Pros to full volume. To lift the output from the Belkin Blue Tooth receiver I inserted my tube and chip preamp. This has a single stage tube preamp and a Pass B1 buffer\driver (back-end) output section. An SNA member now has one and has reported favorably on it. From the blue tooth connection to the preamp and then the HP driver. Now that works extremely well! Plenty of volume and lots of drive. And most of all; dead, dead quiet. Love it. But it does appear to be a lot of gear for such a simple result.

pictured here with AT 700 Airs.
Attachment:
HPSetUp.jpg
Attachment:
HPSetUp_II.jpg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2015, 01:05 
Project Author

Here is the Class D and my take on a capless BoZ SE as preamp. I am using ghe diirect connection to the Sure module with no attenuator in cct. The two are on the small metal table in front of the other gear. Just had a long listen to violins and Oboes in a couple of complete classical recordings. Not disappointed at all with the Class D - Mirage.
Attachment:
Class D.jpg

This post has a file attachment. Please login or register to access it. Only Registered Members may view attached files.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2015, 01:21 
Project Author

The TV end has been a little unchanged for a while. Beyma 12" full range (2" concentric titanium tweeter) 98 db efficient and 80W Tube and chip amp; VoXConcentriC and Number 9. To fill in the bass a 125W Class AB SS amp and 12" woofer in a 60 ltr box sits at the back. From 200hz and down the bass is supported and extended.
Attachment:
P1073178.JPG
Attachment:
P1073180.JPG

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2015, 18:39 
Project Author

I currently have five DIY amps I can roll; 6V6 SE UL, EL84 SE UL, 300B SE Triode, EAT 180W T4 Tripath and IRS2092 250W Class D.

I'm rolling between the T4, the IRS and the EL84 at the moment. Thanks to bananas on the speaker leads and nicely fitting RCAs I can roll one in and one out in minutes. Also I can leave them all on so its more of a hot swap. No warm-up time.

Speakers are my 12" high efficiency concentric Beymas, on 12" stereo sub-woofers, tube preamp and Oppo 95 Audiophile. So far the T4 appears to work the best with rest of the gear. But more listening to do.
Attachment:
PC103405 (800x600).jpg
Attachment:
PC103406 (800x600).jpg
Attachment:
PC103407 (800x600).jpg

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 18:09 
Project Author

I'm back with another Tripath T4. You can see two dark coloured amps with gold knobs on a small table between speaker and equipment rack. Well the new T4 is the dark one on top.

More than that a good photo of my main system screen and all.
Attachment:
image.jpeg

Yes they are my toes. Not meant to be there.